Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League Darts 2018

Returned tonight

First match was won by Whitlock who was playing his first premier league match in 4 years

Anderson currently beating Smith 2-1

Comments

• edited February 2018
    Were the players walked on to the stage with scantily clad woman though? If not, I’m not interested.
  • After 6 legs
    Gary Anderson 5-1 Michael Smith
    After 12 Legs
    Gary Anderson 5-7 Michael Smith
  • Looking at the results from tonight defeats for Cross and MVG
    Cross has really gone of the boil since becoming World Champion

Smith 7-4 Gurney
    Whitlock 7-1 Cross
    Wright 7-5 MVG
    Anderson 7-3 Price
    Van Barneveld 7-5 Suljovic
  • Cross was really poor tonight, although Whitlock was decent....again.
  • Cross isn't quite at the races yet, in the UK Open qualifiers last week he lost 3 first round games. Although those were down to the opponents having a blinder/ upping their game. Really hope that he can get out of the slump sooner, last night he was shocking and just looks like he is trying to hard.

Alot of suprise results there, i was flicking between the snooker and Suljovic again averaged over 100 and lost like last week. Hard one to call this year i'd imagine MVG will still win, Anderson if his back stays ok and wright then its pick the best of the rest.

Michael Smith has started of well this year, he was tipped years ago to be the best before even MVG stepped up so would be good if he can keep it up. He won Q2 or 3 for UK open, still dont fully understand why they have 6 rounds of qualifying and Cross at present might not make it, would be crazy. MVG is taking the weekend off as he is assured of a place with 2 victories last weekend.
  • Cross isn't quite at the races yet, in the UK Open qualifiers last week he lost 3 first round games. Although those were down to the opponents having a blinder/ upping their game. Really hope that he can get out of the slump sooner, last night he was shocking and just looks like he is trying to hard.

Alot of suprise results there, i was flicking between the snooker and Suljovic again averaged over 100 and lost like last week. Hard one to call this year i'd imagine MVG will still win, Anderson if his back stays ok and wright then its pick the best of the rest.

Michael Smith has started of well this year, he was tipped years ago to be the best before even MVG stepped up so would be good if he can keep it up. He won Q2 or 3 for UK open, still dont fully understand why they have 6 rounds of qualifying and Cross at present might not make it, would be crazy. MVG is taking the weekend off as he is assured of a place with 2 victories last weekend.

The UK Open qualifiers determine which 96 players on the PDC Tour qualify for the tournament and which round the players start the comp in. After the first weekend of qualifiers Rob Cross and Dimitri Van den Bergh are outside the top 96 and therefore wouldn't qualify! https://www.pdc.tv/order-of-merit/uk-open-order-of-merit

The top 32 in the qualifying rankings get byes for the first two rounds, those ranked 33-64 skip the first round, and the remaining 32 qualifiers start in the first round along with the 32 amateurs who qualify from the regional events.

The UK Open qualifiers determine which 96 players on the PDC Tour qualify for the tournament and which round the players start the comp in. After the first weekend of qualifiers Rob Cross and Dimitri Van den Bergh are outside the top 96 and therefore wouldn't qualify! https://www.pdc.tv/order-of-merit/uk-open-order-of-merit

The top 32 in the qualifying rankings get byes for the first two rounds, those ranked 33-64 skip the first round, and the remaining 32 qualifiers start in the first round along with the 32 amateurs who qualify from the regional events.
    Thank you for looking that up, i should have done really but follow the results etc and hadn't really bothered. Hope he has a good weekend, you would have hoped the World Champ is in the UK
  • the new Kirk Shepherd ?

Thank you for looking that up, i should have done really but follow the results etc and hadn't really bothered. Hope he has a good weekend, you would have hoped the World Champ is in the UK
    Cross back to winning ways this weekend: he reached the semis on Friday, where he lost to Gary Anderson, and the final today - unfortunately he lost to the Aussie Corey Cadby.

Top 10 after Q5:

Position Name Value
    1 Michael van Gerwen £22,000
    2 Michael Smith £18,000
    3 Corey Cadby £11,000
    4 Gary Anderson £10,000
    5 Rob Cross £7,500
    6 Peter Wright £7,500
    7 Jeffrey de Zwaan £7,000
    8 Kim Huybrechts £7,000
    9 Mervyn King £6,000
    10 Darren Webster £5,750
  • People on here have been talking about The Championship league in snooker being stupid,because you can lose and still be in the next group, thats only a small event

How can such a big darts event be formatted like that.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's a series of qualifiers for the main tournament - no different to the series of qualifying matches for the World Cup or Euros; you can lose a match but still qualify.

The results of the qualifiers determine your starting round in the main comp.
  • That Corey Cadby seems like a mischief maker in the Gerwyn Price mode.