Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Love this club....

Comments

• Options
    Careful AFKA. I've had a few beers and I might get emotional. You wouldn't like me when I'm emotional.
  • Options

Someone has just come off dry January and had a couple of pints.

Ha, worryingly haven’t. Quiet night in with a Coke Zero. Must be the sugar replacement chemicals:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nug said:

bobmunro said:

Perhaps just me, I get a real sense of pride and identity looking back at the footage in these.

You're not alone in that, AFKA.

Our entire history is littered with images and memories of what makes us so special and why we have pride as well as love for our great old club. There will be many more of those memories forged in years to come - we will rise again to be the club we all feel so strongly about, irrespective of what division we may be in.
    Hope you're right, I've never felt so disconnected with Charlton.
    Of course you're disconnected, you don't go to games. (your choice which is fine by me).
  • Options

Perhaps just me, I get a real sense of pride and identity looking back at the footage in these.

No, not just you. Everyone who has fought and is fighting for the cause will be proud of the footage.

Not many clubs like ours you know!?
  • Options
    Nice vids. As above that car park demo is fantastic. What date game was that? Jan 16?
  • Options
    Christ I love this club...
  • Options

Nug said:

bobmunro said:

You're not alone in that, AFKA.

Our entire history is littered with images and memories of what makes us so special and why we have pride as well as love for our great old club. There will be many more of those memories forged in years to come - we will rise again to be the club we all feel so strongly about, irrespective of what division we may be in.
    Hope you're right, I've never felt so disconnected with Charlton.
    Of course you're disconnected, you don't go to games. (your choice which is fine by me).
    It's just about going to games though, I haven't been able to regularly attend games for a long, long time, the feeling of being really disconnected to the club only came about post RD.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder if Roland included those videos in the sales pack, might put a couple of million on the price!

If i were a buyer those video would be exactly what i would want to see, tens of thousands of passionate fans, showing there love of the club, i would be wondering how to attract that passion back to the valley, and frankly be asking why are the charlton fans so passionate, what in our history made us thus. We know but do they?
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options

Hate this club...

No you don't, AFKA, because this club is bigger than the team and manager that lost today; the owner who never engaged or tried to get to know the fans; the CEO who lied; and all the rubbish we have had recently!
    This club is those fans in the carpark protesting with passion, and the many, many more fans who at other times have saved this club! It's OUR club, and players and teams and managers and owners will pass through but we will be here!
    The carpark clip is so emotional... but I agree, today's game, tests the most addickted fans!
  • Options
    As the Persuaders sang

There's line between love and hate
  • Options

As the Persuaders sang

There's line between love and hate

Who was on lead vocals, Danny or Brett?
  • Options

Yes.......we are unique by necessity, a necessity that we all wish wasn’t the case, but one that we can (in a strange way known only to us), be very very proud of.
    I just want some peace and rest from all the shyte that’s gone on these last four years and take a very deep breath and move on with some stability and confidence.
    I will NEVER forgive Goldfinger and Pussy Galore for the angst they have foisted upon us. Or the small group of apologists who still cling to their crazy notion of “what was all the fuss about” and who sit behind their keyboards doing absolutely SFA other than spreading their own particular brand of hatred.
    It has been a truly dreadful time......which dare I say it, is NOT quite over!
    Is there an abominable ‘twist in the tail’ lurking in the background,....with this bizarre individual anything is possible? But if there is, let it be known Goldfinger, that we are still here (and always will be), and the fight, which was entirely of your own making, will continue until we are ‘completely’ rid of you.
    Go NOW.....and leave us in peace to get on with repairing the huge damage you have done to this club and it’s unique, loyal fans.

YOU BOUGHT THE WRONG CLUB!

This absolutely! The only people I hate more than Roland and Daisy are those so-called 'fans' who refused to 'smell the coffee' and poured scorn on the people who have battled to rid our club of this cancer. Hope you can sleep at night. Guess they'll be sucking up to the new owners.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Yes.......we are unique by necessity, a necessity that we all wish wasn’t the case, but one that we can (in a strange way known only to us), be very very proud of.
    I just want some peace and rest from all the shyte that’s gone on these last four years and take a very deep breath and move on with some stability and confidence.
    I will NEVER forgive Goldfinger and Pussy Galore for the angst they have foisted upon us. Or the small group of apologists who still cling to their crazy notion of “what was all the fuss about” and who sit behind their keyboards doing absolutely SFA other than spreading their own particular brand of hatred.
    It has been a truly dreadful time......which dare I say it, is NOT quite over!
    Is there an abominable ‘twist in the tail’ lurking in the background,....with this bizarre individual anything is possible? But if there is, let it be known Goldfinger, that we are still here (and always will be), and the fight, which was entirely of your own making, will continue until we are ‘completely’ rid of you.
    Go NOW.....and leave us in peace to get on with repairing the huge damage you have done to this club and it’s unique, loyal fans.

YOU BOUGHT THE WRONG CLUB!

This absolutely! The only people I hate more than Roland and Daisy are those so-called 'fans' who refused to 'smell the coffee' and poured scorn on the people who have battled to rid our club of this cancer. Hope you can sleep at night. Guess they'll be sucking up to the new owners.
    I have certainly never sucked up to that old fart who isstill here. Well he is never here. He just ownes it. I have never sucked up either to that cow who is now at Sheffield Wednesday.