Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New VOTV141 on Saturday: John Robinson interview

2»

Comments

• Options
    Is someone going to post the clip of Robbo scooping the ball out of the Man U net and shouting at the lads to push on for the winner ?
    The fella was a class act for Charlton.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Ross said:

Great interview with John Robinson.

When he said he cried when he found out he had been inducted into our hall of fame it brought a tear to my eye.

Proper good bloke met him a couple of times when I was a kid when he came to my school. Always noticed whatever tiny bit of charlton stuff I had and singled me out to come and talk to him/give me his autograph.

Also that goal and celebration v Man Utd will forever be exactly how I would have celebrated scoring any goal against anyone if it was for charlton.
  • Options
    bbob said:

Knob out?

Yer hopefully by the end of the month

• Options
    edited February 2018
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

sammy391 said:

What’s this investigation/gross misconduct all about?

My understanding is for answering back cheekily.
    I think that is a very unfair representation of what happened.
    Fair enough. I don't really know because I wasn't there.
    Mind you, gross misconduct is a wonderful term isn't it? Can be defined virtually on the hoof when it comes to personal conversations without evidence. The story is about Olly being 'incorrectly' dressed I believe, but more than that I am unsure of.
    Incorrectly dressed because he was wearing a Charlton tracksuit instead of a suit... why? Because the comms team have so little staff he did not have time to change is the story reported in VOTV I believe. KM pettiness at an absolute max.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

sammy391 said:

Mind you, gross misconduct is a wonderful term isn't it? Can be defined virtually on the hoof when it comes to personal conversations without evidence. The story is about Olly being 'incorrectly' dressed I believe, but more than that I am unsure of.
    Incorrectly dressed because he was wearing a Charlton tracksuit instead of a suit... why? Because the comms team have so little staff he did not have time to change is the story reported in VOTV I believe. KM pettiness at an absolute max.
    Having worked with HR people a lot - sometimes there is an underlying reason why they (HR/Management) want to discipline someone or fire them - and they look for any reason they can find to justify their actions - if the person doesn't do anything that is obvious gross misconduct. Sounds a bit like she had it in for @Ollywozere.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

sammy391 said:

Having worked with HR people a lot - sometimes there is an underlying reason why they (HR/Management) want to discipline someone or fire them - and they look for any reason they can find to justify their actions - if the person doesn't do anything that is obvious gross misconduct. Sounds a bit like she had it in for Olly.
    Mmm...
  • Options
    Things that make you go ^