Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Money 'Destroying' Football Shock!

2»

Comments

• Options

The top teams are definitely pulling further away from the rest.
    But all the while teams like
    Burnley
    Huddersfield
    Bournemouth
    Brighton
    Watford
    Swansea
    Can continue to play in the premier league we have to keep believing.

A list of small PL teams and Palace not included...ffs.
  • Options

Burnley
    Huddersfield
    Bournemouth
    Brighton
    Watford
    Swansea

Knowing B72, i think it was an oversight ! (or an undersight)
  • Options
    Wenger is the Kraftwerk of football: at his peak, he changed the game and influenced many, but he struggled to keep up with the pace of change that he had set, eventually rendering himself ineffectual and retreating into a bubble.

He’s currently in the post - Electric Cafe period

;-)
  • Options
    Mesut Ozil this week renews his contract and is now on £350,000 a week and this dick is part of the problem.
  • Options

Burnley
    Huddersfield
    Bournemouth
    Brighton
    Watford
    Swansea

I could not bring myself to mention the stripy Nigel wankers
  • Options
    Has Arsene Wenger forgotten that less than two years ago, Leicester City won the Premier League?

A one-off, a freak season a fluke - call it what you want - but it happened.
  • Options
    Whilst what Wenger says is true, what is significant is why he is saying it. His motivation in saying it is to deflect pressure/attention from his team and buy him time from journalists and "fans" with unrealistic expectations.

There is now no point interviewing Prem Managers - with one or two exceptions like Sean Dyche. They say whatever they have to say to take attention away from them and 99% of what they say is rubbish. They are contractually obliged to speak to the media regularly, but the body language, look of utter contempt on the face of Murinho for example and the innane rubbish they spout is just wasting everyone's time. They are treating us all like mugs, and are rarely challenged by journalists when talking rubbish because the journalists don't want to get banned by the club for being a problem as it's career suicide if you're a premier league journalist but Mourihno won't talk to you or allow you in his press conferences.

Ferguson started the manipulation of the media but it's being taken to New heights by the current crop of managers
  • Options
    They treat the media with contempt so why don't the media just boycott them?

They will soon miss the attention and want them back.
  • Options
    If every team in The Premier League started every game for a whole season with exactly the same players, one team would finish bottom. This is starting to cause a problem for teams like Arsenal. I suppose one day the PL will have the top 10 teams going in to the Champions League. Until then, 2 of the big 6 will fail every season unless they win a European trophy or finish top 4.
    Nobody will ever be able to fully explain Leicester. It won’t happen ever again.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

'Money may be the root of all evil. But you can't run a football team without it.'
    -Jimmy Seed (1957)

Lennie Lawrence managed to do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Simonsen said:

JamesSeed said:

'Money may be the root of all evil. But you can't run a football team without it.'
    -Jimmy Seed (1957)

Jimmy Seed was talking about Clapton Orient, where they literally had no money @Simonsen . He had to release all of the players at the end of the season as the club couldn't pay them.

Jimmy Seed ran Charlton by making a profit on the sale of players. He had less than Lennie even.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Simonsen said:

JamesSeed said:

-Jimmy Seed (1957)

Jimmy Seed was talking about Clapton Orient, where they literally had no money @Simonsen . He had to release all of the players at the end of the season as the club couldn't pay them.

Jimmy Seed ran Charlton by making a profit on the sale of players. He had less than Lennie even.
    I regard your grandfather as our greatest manager. But without proof I simply don’t believe the last sentence
  • Options
    edited February 2018

JamesSeed said:

Simonsen said:

JamesSeed said:

-Jimmy Seed (1957)

I regard your grandfather as our greatest manager. But without proof I simply don’t believe the last sentence
    You're quite right to pick me up on that. I have no idea how much Lenny had. He probably had the same money issues as Jimmy.
  • Options
    I sympathise with him though. His new £56m player has only scored once in the 1st half today.