Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chalazion/Cyst under Eye

Has anyone else had this??

Had Surgery last Sunday to remove a Chalazion from under my eye. The cyst & gunk was removed, but the lump & swelling has remained. Had a steroid injection after surgery & have been using an eye ointment since, so would've thought there'd be an improvement by now.

Anyone else had this done that could offer advice on recovery time?

Comments

• Options
    I've not had this done but I have had styes on my eyelids and it took days for the swelling to go down. If you can, I would call your doctor because there is always a chance that the area is infected--it can get infected even if you're using antibacterial ointment. But from what little I know about skin stuff from growing up with a Dermatologist for a mum, given you had a cyst there and they then went it and poked around, I don't think it's wholly unreasonable that the swelling would remain for a while. But a week feels a bit long to me.

Again, I am not a doctor. I would advise calling your doctor.

I know how painful and uncomfortable those things can be. Hope you're on the mend soon.
  • Options
    you should start to see some improvements by now but it can take several weeks for the swelling to subside on some people. still as SDAddick says there could be a chance its infected which is quite common. why not give your surgeon/doctor a bell if he's around on the weekend.