Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Holland

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
It's been reported this morning that he's signed for Pompei

Holland to Pompei

If so, good luck to him. A model professional who gave his all for Charlton

Comments

• Options
    15k not enough for him. bless football players.
  • Options
    finding harry's signing policy a little hard to understand.

And Pete, if you really believe Holland was offered a 15k a week contract, your living in cuckoo land mate.
  • Options
    Even half 15k a week - ahh bless them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Even half 15k a week - ahh bless them.

well you've just halved it !

think you'll find it was less than that. What would you do ? stay in your current job, or take the other one which is higher profile and 3-4 times your salary, which will probably be your last contract.

i know what i would do.....
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    At least we will save some dosh and might have a midfielder who will tackle now not just jockey which Holland does.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]It's been reported this morning that he's signed for Pompei

Holland to Pompei

If so, good luck to him. A model professional who gave his all for Charlton

oh dear...
  • Options
    Although i'm no surprised at him taking the money i am surprised at him going there as i seem to recall him turning someone down before as he didn't want to move house and uproot his family. So now he'll have to do that for just 1 season.
  • Options
    We will miss his experience but cant say im that bothered, fresh start and all that.

It will only really kick in when Young and Bent go.
  • Options
    should we now keep kish?????

only time he played outside prem was on loan and got good reviews (even though in a relegated side). always get 100% from him.

*prepares for abuse and cowers behind len glover*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]We will miss his experience but cant say im that bothered, fresh start and all that.

It will only really kick in when Young and Bent go.

My sentiments, exactly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i can't really see where Luke Young will go.

If has been suggested in the past he might prove a bit dodgy when it comes to medicals, then the only one i can really see taking a chance is Curbishley, but why would he be interested in forking out for a right back having just signed Lucus Neill ?
  • Options
    Don't Aston Villa like signing players of ours with Dodgy Medical records ? Plus they have a bit of money :-)
  • Options
    Do you know that I now find myself not believing a word I read about transfers (pending or DONE DEALS) that I read in the print media such as The Mirror, The Sun etc......They come up with this scatter gun approach of linking as many "rumours" to as many players as they can, just so they can brag about "As we reported 2 weeks ago So and So has joined XXXXXXXXX FC.....". What they fail to mention is that they also "revealed" that the same player was signing for 4 other clubs.

I mean £15k p/w...... Yeh righto! Quoting figures like that, half of me doubts he has even gone!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Although i'm no surprised at him taking the money i am surprised at him going there as i seem to recall him turning someone down before as he didn't want to move house and uproot his family. So now he'll have to do that for just 1 season.

Think he won't mind moving 1 bit got a farm full chickens next door that he is not to happy with ;-)
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Spot on, Dan

'Arry denies bid