Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Winter Olympics 2018

Comments

• Options
    the end of the skeleton was proper exciting. well done girls
  • Options
    Well done Lizzie.
  • Options
    What a competitor Lizzy Yarnold is.
    The other sliders were in shock when they saw the time for her final run.
  • Options
    Well done Lizzie. You 've made my day .
  • Options
    Brilliant,well done Lizzie and Laura
  • Options
    Awesome, double Olympic Champion. Well done Lizzie
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Who cares who's third?

Words uttered by the great David Coleman in 1968 when John Sherwood came third to David Hemery in the 400 metres hurdles at the Mexico Olympics.

A great performance by Laura Deas for bronze but I'm sure she will acknowledge that she was part of a tremendous achievement by Addick Lizzy in defending her title. The first to do so.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2018
    Enjoying the longer track Speed Skating. The Dutch dominant as UK are in cycling. Luge / & skeleton good & looking forward to the bobsleigh. Missus like the figure skating.
  • Options

Charlton GOLD

Haha said to my wife that Charlton have won Gold at the Olympics - Had to explain it to her

Must be the first club to have won the World Cup and get Olympic Gold ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Credit to Johnnie Jackson's commentary too :wink:
  • Options
    Outstanding from Lizzy. Stone cold born winner that girl.
  • Options
    Even better credit the fact she went into the Olympics with zero form and zero expectations (our girl who got Bronze was our best chance)

Lizzy even has a condition now that make her suffer from dizziness (i.e. It happened during her initial heat) so she basically competed with a hand tied behind her back
  • Options
    Could have painted 'Roland Out' on her a*se before she went down.

Pah!
  • Options
    Said she nearly pulled out after first run as she was struggling to breathe because of a chest infection. Interviewer then asks about the pressure. Replies she loves it - that pressure is a privilege. Can we get her in to do team talks?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I have realised that the Winter Olympics is mostly people falling on their arses.

Great news for me because I like seeing that sort of action!
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

I have realised that the Winter Olympics is mostly people falling on their arses.

Great news for me because I like seeing that sort of action!

Was enjoying it, then realised was actually watching you’ve been framed.
  • Options
    Yarnolds final run was ridiculous. So much faster than everyone else.

Didn’t like the commentator saying that was the gold medal run before the final person went down. Thought was setting up for an epic fail.
  • Options
    Absolutely fantastic performance by Lizzy Yarnold, Our greatest ever Winter Olympian and wonderfully self deprecating to boot. At the start of her slide she thought of the words of the Dad who had said to her before some exams as an 11 year old "just do your best". The pressure that she put onto the then leader got a medal for her best friend as well. Brilliant, come and give a team talk at the Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lizzy getting her medal. Arise Dame Lizzy!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Surprise surprise, a Russian competitor is under investigation for doping. He won bronze in curling, why the f**k would you need to take performance enhancers to chuck a few stones and sweep up a bit?
  • Options
    By letting OAR compete... the Olympic Body really messed up.

All should have been banned or none of them
  • Options

Surprise surprise, a Russian competitor is under investigation for doping. He won bronze in curling, why the f**k would you need to take performance enhancers to chuck a few stones and sweep up a bit?

Oh I dunno......how often do you sweep up?
  • Options
    On a lighter note...
    Winter Olympics: Ice dancer Gabriella Papadakis endures 'nightmare' as dress comes undone
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-olympics/43111011
  • Options
    edited February 2018

On a lighter note...

Winter Olympics: Ice dancer Gabriella Papadakis endures 'nightmare' as dress comes undone

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-olympics/43111011
    She says she found it pretty distracting yet bet it was more so for her dance partner
  • Options
    I am liking Eve Muirhead (GB Curling) - I don't suppose any other lifer fancies her?
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

I am liking Eve Muirhead (GB Curling) - I don't suppose any other lifer fancies her?

Anna sloan is lovely too
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

So long as you keep your hands off Anna Sloan I'm fine with you liking Eve!!
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

I think it's those piercing blue eyes.