Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Coast

Anyone head there on Saturday??

Went to Herne Bay to find you could only see about 20metres out due to fog and it was pretty chilly!!

Comments

• Options
    You big jessy!
  • Options
    Went to Whitsand Bay in Cornwall on Saturday.

Bit grey and misty - but 4 miles of empty sands and barely a soul in sight.

And it took me only 20 minutes to walk there. :-)
  • Options
    Yesterday was spent in the sunshine down the Anchor pub in charlton. Sat outside with a live singer belting out the numbers and free food on the bar all day long.

If you're ever at a lose end on a sunday afternoon, its a good place to go.
  • Options
    Was at a huge party up in North London this weekend and got totally bloody sun burnt.
  • Options
    Bought one of those large paddling pools for the kids. Had to stay in for a bit as was getting burnt!

Then proceeded to do my back in and am now in ble@din agony...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Was at a huge party up in North London this weekend and got totally bloody sun burnt.

Was you late for it!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Was at a huge party up in North London this weekend and got totally bloody sun burnt.

Was you late for it!!

grrrrr
  • Options
    I was swimming in the sea in the rain at Trebarwith Strand in North Cornwall on Thursday - I was the only person not in a wet suit! Fantastic beach (so long as the tide is out).

On Friday the weather was a bit better and we were at Widemouth Bay just south of Bude, before heading home in time for the really doog weather ...
  • Options
    I live in Hythe on the Kent Coast and got burnt on Friday and it was baking hot Saturday and Sunday too, though a sea mist did come in late on Saturday.
  • Options
    went down to leigh old town on saturday sitting on the sea wall drinking a few pints and now have a sunburned face.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stayed in all bloody weekend revising.

had the exam this morning, thank god its all over.
  • Options
    Went to Sfinari in Western Crete - yes, on my hols...
  • Options
    Went to Brighton on Sunday, absolutley brilliant. There are 2 "pubs" on the pier, where you can sit outside in the sun or shade, drinking your beer looking out across the sea. Only took 1 hr 10 mins from Bromley.
    But don't tell everyone or it might become too popular.
  • Options
    Went to whistable, was gonna walk down to herne bay but decided against it. very nice town was whistable.
  • Options
    I was in Barcelona this weekend, does that count?
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Yes it does count.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Anyone head there on Saturday??

Went to Herne Bay to find you could only see about 20metres out due to fog and it was pretty chilly!!
    LOLOL

Bloke I work with went on a boat trip in Herne Bay on Sunday (he lives there, the berk). He got 'wind burn' - never heard of it meself - and is proper beetrooted up.

I've been calling him The Singing Detective all day...