Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When women knew their place!

As we are celebrating 100 years of women's suffrage I thought I would share this item from a Coventry City programme of 1970 when football was a man's game. It is a competition to win a " holiday in the sun". All one had to do was to rate the six women in the photographs in terms of their attractiveness. If your choice coincided with the judges' opinion you could win a holiday.

Having lived in Coventry I suspect that the said " Holiday in the sun " was actually a weekend in Barry Island.

Comments

• Options
    General Charlton? I don't want antiquated sexist crap like this categorized in a Charlton related thread.

Anyway I'd go for 3, 1,6, 4&2 I can't split and 5. Do you have the result?
  • Options
    This was the back page of the above programme.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

General Charlton? I don't want antiquated sexist crap like this categorized in a Charlton related thread.

Unfortunately I don't know the result.

I put this in General Charlton because I thought that Airman Brown might want to borrow the idea to increase sales of VOTV.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I can hear in the distance the trumpets and rallying cries of the CL outrage squad, reving the right-on bus...
  • Options
    Is F Benny Hill?
  • Options
    Mametz said:

Riviera said:

Unfortunately I don't know the result.

I put this in General Charlton because I thought that Airman Brown might want to borrow the idea to increase sales of VOTV.
    We could do a Charlton one: su..... no, let’s not go there.
  • Options
    B please Bob
  • Options
    3 for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Number 2 please - is it too later to enter?

Then 4,3,1,5, 6

I’m sitting in a knocking shop in Amsterdam giving this far too much thought - I’ve actually changed my mind 3 times on a competition that ended 48 years ago.

• Options
    Is 6. Sue Perks before she became addicted to vol au vents?
  • Options

Macronate said:

Admin, close this thread please.

Women are going to be attracted to the thread by the title and it will take them away from their household chores.

I was and it did
    Hopefully by now you are back in the kitchen, you women know the rules 10 minutes per day out of the kitchen(u can use that time to clean the toilet)
  • Options
    With a thread title like this no one has posted the Harry Enfield women know your place skit?
  • Options

Number 2 please - is it too later to enter?

Then 4,3,1,5, 6

I’m sitting in a knocking shop in Amsterdam giving this far too much thought - I’ve actually changed my mind 3 times on a competition that ended 48 years ago.

I saw this and thought you might have moved here to set up a new business.

Where do I get one of those scooters with a lightsabre attached?
    In a galaxy far away
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Most of you have just removed yourselves from ever being in contention for the role of manager of England's women's football team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mainly by having a penis
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

mainly by having a penis

The quote above my comment has now been edited !!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

mainly by having a penis

The quote above my comment has now been edited !!
    Should have quoted it
  • Options

• Options

3 for me.

Which three?