Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Attendance for 1st game under new owners

2»

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Dazzler21 said:

I will be there for Bradford if takeover is officially completed before hand

I'd save your money and aim for the Shrews game, much more affordable and will have a better atmosphere I am sure.
    Football for a fiver is never a good atmosphere(people who dont care about football go and non Charlton fans)

Think the Bradford match will have some proper fans returning.
    Proper fans have never gone away ;-)
    I will alert those on the argument thread to this as I'm sure there will be one soon................
  • Options

I think gates will drop as all the Roland fans will start a boycott

Ah, the famous 98%.
  • Options

Ditto.

I'm going Saturday if announced tomorrow.
    You've been boycotting away matches?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Ditto.

I'm going Saturday if announced tomorrow.
    You've been boycotting away matches?
    Yep, only game has been Gillingham away.
  • Options
    24th Feb should be a crowd of more then 20,000 if we have new owners.
  • Options
    If it's announced before Tuesday I'm there like a shot and never missing another home game again
  • Options

24th Feb should be a crowd of more then 20,000 if we have new owners.

Username/post combinations you can't help but smile at
  • Options
    Anyway, if the takeover's announced before Tuesday I might miss my first game since August - it'll be too loud and I've grown to quite enjoy watching the games in peace ;)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Anyway, if the takeover's announced before Tuesday I might miss my first game since August - it'll be too loud and I've grown to quite enjoy watching the games in peace ;)

Not to mention the elbow room @Leuth .Typical keeper though moans at the slightest contact :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Attendance for 1st game under new owners
    Will be obligatory obv.
    Anybody not there for that fixture can't ever claim to be "pwoppa Charlton" FACT
    nothing to be learned from comparing the officially quoted figures from the toxic pantomime era to after tho, cos roly & latrine's figures have been such utter balls.
  • Options
    As someone who stopped going a long time ago for lack of entertainment/why do I bother to watch this crap reasons, I can assure those anti RD boycotters that they will find it very hard to return. Once you've reclaimed your Saturday from the Valley it's difficult to give it up.
  • Options
    Think it'll be around the 15k mark first Saturday game then about 12-13k afterwards.

I agree it's been so long many fans will have lost the habit of going.
  • Options

Think it'll be around the 15k mark first Saturday game then about 12-13k afterwards.

I agree it's been so long many fans will have lost the habit of going.

I lost the habit of going during our sellhurst years but I soon recovered my love for Charlton once we left.
    Hopefully the same will happen with fans that have boycotted under Roland
  • Options
    Say hello to VM, from me.
  • Options
    It could be a smaller official gate than normal if the new owners change the policy of inflating the actual attendance to mask the scale of the real damage done to the attending fanbase by Duchatelet & Meire.
  • Options
    There will be proper boycotters returning (I reckon a thousand of them at most) then there will be boycotters who have lost interest in returning and who support national league (and lower) teams and then there are people who 'boycotted' but actually have found they just don't want to come back regardless of who owns the club. It will take a very long time and at least one promotion to get back to 14-15k. After that it needs a second promotion push to get any more in the ground. So I reckon 11000 people at home games after we have been bought. It's sad. But I still love going like a lot of others and that's the main thing for me.
  • Options
    You are the messiah....no I’m not...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After the last couple of years of protesting here and in Belgium and boycotting The Valley it sounds like the end is nigh. For personal reasons, however, l'd like the takeover to drag on for a bit longer. I'm scheduled to work on the days of the next two home games and I really don't want to have to throw a sickie.
    Please show some consideration for us long suffering fans and give us a bit of notice!
  • Options

After the last couple of years of protesting here and in Belgium and boycotting The Valley it sounds like the end is nigh. For personal reasons, however, l'd like the takeover to drag on for a bit longer. I'm scheduled to work on the days of the next two home games and I really don't want to have to throw a sickie.
    Please show some consideration for us long suffering fans and give us a bit of notice!

100% this

I go on holiday on the 14th Feb returning on the 3rd March so I would like the takeover dragged out a bit longer.
  • Options

Seconded.

Non-League dates are my excuse.
  • Options
    string the takeover out until the Fleetwood home game.......

.....for selfish reasons as both my girls are mascots as a birthday surprise