Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PC Brigade strike again!

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2018
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

SDAddick said:

As mentioned nothing to do with Political Correctness and I don't know where you got that idea from apart from a knee-jerk reaction. It sounds more like dickheads in cars don't want to wait the extra few seconds.

At its core its really sad for the children. Especially as mentioned if they're on the spectrum and this is part of a routine for them. And also, as a 21 year old adult, I wish people gave me more high fives in passing. Hopefully sense is seen and he can go back to giving the kids high gives soon.

Hmmm if total strangers attempted to high five me in passing they would be given a very wide berth. Even people I knew would be given the stare!
    So would you prefer a fist pump? @bobmunro
    A nod, a ‘good morning, or perhaps a firm but short handshake!

Followed by ‘yo the man!’.
    The relief of hearing the next inhalation of breath as well the clicking of bone against bone after the cartilage has worn to nothing is suffice at our age @bobmunro
  • Options
    While it does seem ridiculous, I’ve no doubt if I was a motorist wanting to get my destination but couldn’t because the lolly pop man was high fiving and doing the moon walk with every fucking kid crossing the road, I’m sure I’d get pretty irate, as would others I’d imagine.

Come on shoot me, I’m ready for ya!
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

SDAddick said:

As mentioned nothing to do with Political Correctness and I don't know where you got that idea from apart from a knee-jerk reaction. It sounds more like dickheads in cars don't want to wait the extra few seconds.

At its core its really sad for the children. Especially as mentioned if they're on the spectrum and this is part of a routine for them. And also, as a 21 year old adult, I wish people gave me more high fives in passing. Hopefully sense is seen and he can go back to giving the kids high gives soon.

Hmmm if total strangers attempted to high five me in passing they would be given a very wide berth. Even people I knew would be given the stare!
    A nod, a ‘good morning, or perhaps a firm but short handshake!

Followed by ‘yo the man!’.
    The relief of hearing the next inhalation of breath as well the clicking of bone against bone after the cartilage has worn to nothing is suffice at our age @bobmunro
    Sadly, very true!
  • Options
    Ban lifted
  • Options
    WSS said:

Ban lifted

PC gone sane
  • Options
    WSS said:

Ban lifted

Everitt’s allowed to post again
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    WSS said:

Ban lifted

PC gone mad. Our children's safety being put in jeopardy in order to satisfy the inclusivity brigade. When will this madness end etc.
  • Options
    Just get on with the job. Seriously, we have a thread about this? There are four lollipop people near my house and they're all total pros. I've never seen any of them hi-fiving. And hi-fiving is an annoying Americanism anyway.
    Yours grumpily.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have an irrational hatred of lollipop men & women, especially the ones that work on a zebra crossing and stop you to let adults cross, kids I get, but adults, on a zebra crossing?
  • Options
    edited February 2018

bobmunro said:

SDAddick said:

Fist bump unless you're offering bob a very tight handy.