Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Villa v Blues

2»

Comments

• Options
    Good to see Grealish playing well, after all the early hype (and England vs Ireland battles for him) and the fall from grace...
  • Options
    Spoke to Barry Fry after going to Birmingham v Wrexham many years ago when our away game got called off at Watford. I was with a Wrexham fan who was going to Watford with me and we then decided to trundle off to Birmingham instead.

As the teams came out I asked Fry for an autograph, and to my surprise he came over and did it. We had a brief chat (mind this was at 14.55) and he said that when Birmingham go up (they were in the top three in what is league 1 now) to write to him and he would send me a couple of complimentary tickets for the next season. We were championship at the time.

Birmingham got promoted and he got the sack. Ricky Otto was playing for Birmingham that day. Behind me sat Jasper Carrot in his private box and he also gladly gave me an autograph. Both top blokes in my view.
  • Options
    I wanted to go to the Birmingham game but my dad advised against it, saying we'll go to the playoff instead, which we couldn't get tickets for! Smart move by him, what were the Jesper Carrott jokes?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Have been to the 0-0, the 4-3 and the '87 play-off final game.

They are not the friendliest of fans. However, I have two friends who follow them and we always have a great time in Digbeth.
  • Options

Spoke to Barry Fry after going to Birmingham v Wrexham many years ago when our away game got called off at Watford. I was with a Wrexham fan who was going to Watford with me and we then decided to trundle off to Birmingham instead.

As the teams came out I asked Fry for an autograph, and to my surprise he came over and did it. We had a brief chat (mind this was at 14.55) and he said that when Birmingham go up (they were in the top three in what is league 1 now) to write to him and he would send me a couple of complimentary tickets for the next season. We were championship at the time.

Birmingham got promoted and he got the sack. Ricky Otto was playing for Birmingham that day. Behind me sat Jasper Carrot in his private box and he also gladly gave me an autograph. Both top blokes in my view.

A sacking for getting promoted. How unlucky is that?
  • Options

A sacking for getting promoted. How unlucky is that?
    He did well there but they spent a fortune and had a brilliant squad for league 1 (or division 3) level. He won the league and the auto windscreens shield, then he got them to the league cup semi finals the following year, but he was sacked because they were shit in the league and only mid table.