Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Car SOS

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Sounds like there's a few of us with classics on here. Maybe we should form a club and meet at shows etc. We could call it The Charlton Life Automobile Pals (Clap for short)
  • Options

Sounds like there's a few of us with classics on here. Maybe we should form a club and meet at shows etc. We could call it The Charlton Life Automobile Pals (Clap for short)

We could do a classic convoy to an away game.

Maybe somewhere local though so we know they’ll make it!

• Options
    edited February 2018

Do you own one Dave? What is it?
  • Options
    Still seems weird watching my all-time favourite drummer co-hosting a car programme
  • Options

Still seems weird watching my all-time favourite drummer co-hosting a car programme

He’s still playing with The Beat (the English Beat with Rankin Roger)
  • Options

He’s still playing with The Beat (the English Beat with Rankin Roger)
    and Bentley Rhythym Ace, was also back in Pop Will Eat Itself for a while last year
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

cafcfan said:

On tonight with a Renault 5 Turbo refurb, I thought they were so cool in the 80s, car every teenager wanted. I ended up with a Citreon AX GT instead.

Great program.

"Coolness" is so subjective isn't it? In general, and despite their fine endeavours in other métiers I always thought French cars were the antithesis of cool. Here's my complete list of cool French cars: Peugeot 204 convertible, Citroën SM and, top of the pile the Facel Vega. (The latter - for the time - had vast quantities of horsepower. It probably needed it, as some were fitted with a two-speed automatic box.)
    What is not cool about this beauty?

That is the coolest car, ever.
  • Options

I've always liked the Citroen Traction Avant. There used to be a place under the arches at Waterloo East that used to restore/mend old Citroens. I always used to glance in on my way home from work, it looked like an old time garage with old metal signs etc on the walls. Used to fascinate me. They always had loads of old cars parked in the streets nearby.

A friend of mine has one of these. It looks great but it's not a great experience being in it.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

bobmunro said:

cafcfan said:

On tonight with a Renault 5 Turbo refurb, I thought they were so cool in the 80s, car every teenager wanted. I ended up with a Citreon AX GT instead.

Great program.

"Coolness" is so subjective isn't it? In general, and despite their fine endeavours in other métiers I always thought French cars were the antithesis of cool. Here's my complete list of cool French cars: Peugeot 204 convertible, Citroën SM and, top of the pile the Facel Vega. (The latter - for the time - had vast quantities of horsepower. It probably needed it, as some were fitted with a two-speed automatic box.)

Well, and again obviously from my perspective, it's got four passenger doors. Four doors indicates that it is either a company and/or family car which thus precludes it from coolness.
    It's got four doors so that none of your three girlfriends has to inconvenience themselves getting in or out the back via the front door.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafcfan said:

bobmunro said:

cafcfan said:

Great program.

Well, and again obviously from my perspective, it's got four passenger doors. Four doors indicates that it is either a company and/or family car which thus precludes it from coolness.
    It's got four doors so that none of your three girlfriends has to inconvenience themselves getting in or out the back via the front door.
    So all 3 like it through the back door then? Lucky man.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

cafcfan said:

Great program.

That is the coolest car, ever.
    Certainly one of the coolest, and most beautiful to behold. A decent one (almost certainly LHD) will set you back £50k - even more for the much rarer RHD.

But if beauty is the main factor in coolness then it's beaten by the Miura, the 246 Dino, and the coolest and most beautiful car ever made the 4.2 FHC E-Type.
  • Options
    On a similar theme, I'm looking into buying some plans for a 24' Glen L classic motor boat, to build as an ongoing project
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

cafcfan said:

Great program.

I was at a car show at the weekend and I do believe I saw the car that's cooler than the Citroen DS saloon.

Ladies, gentlemen, and those in between, I give you the DS convertible.

• Options
    There were quite a few nice cars there apart from the DS, above. Here's a gull-wing Merc.
  • Options
    I can't remember what this is but I know it's beautiful.
  • Options
    There were more E-types than you could throw a stick at. This is a nice one in white but the best example was a convertible in pale blue metallic with a dark blue top.
  • Options
    This, @Fanny Fanackapan, @Arsenetatters, @Weegie Addick and the rest of your cohorts in W.A.R. is especially for you.
  • Options
    Was that at the excel? I went last year, it was a decent show, not as crowded as I thought it would be.
  • Options

I can't remember what this is but I know it's beautiful.

Ford GT40 isn't it?