Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

White Cadbury's Creme Eggs

edited February 2018 in General Charlton
While stocking up on my creme egg supply at Tesco I mentioned to an operative that there weren't any single eggs available, only 12 and six packs.

She explained that Cadbury Marketing's competition involving prize-winning white eggs had caused chaos. People were unwrapping the eggs in store and just leaving them if they were the regular eggs. They'd had to take them off the shelves and only sealed boxes were available.

Bizarre behaviour but an Essex phenomenon or happening everywhere?

Comments

• been happening everywhere apparently
  • Mouth breathers.
  • edited February 2018
    I'm pleased to hear this after being forced to listen to that guy on the advert every five minutes whilst watching catch up.

The one where he is riding a log cabin.

A better idea would be to have a different colored cream on the inside.
  • Single ones still on sale in all supermarkets near me.
  • My Wife hasn't resorted to those tactics but really wants to try and find a white creme egg

She doesn't care about the money, she just wants to see how different it tastes
  • Sorry, missed all this. Whats this about white (milk?) creme eggs & money. Is it a bit like Charlue & the chocolate factory ?
  • My Wife hasn't resorted to those tactics but really wants to try and find a white creme egg

She doesn't care about the money, she just wants to see how different it tastes

Melt a milky bar into an egg shell and peel it. Wrap the white egg in a creme egg foil and give it to the wife for valentines day...
  • Absolutely shameful behaviour. Imagine doing that at your local Waitrose, what if someone from the golf club saw you?
  • That's ridiculous - all you have to do is read the ingredients on the wrapper!
  • Sponsored links:

• Fiiish said:

Absolutely shameful behaviour. Imagine doing that at your local Waitrose, what if someone from the golf club saw you?

Not available at Waitrose it seems: here's the list:

Independent retailers

13 white eggs worth £1,000 and 78 worth £100. One egg worth £1,000 will be released somewhere in mainland UK each week, over 13 weeks.

Sainsbury's Local

14 eggs worth £1,000 and 84 worth £100. One egg worth £1,000 each week of 14 weeks.

Co-op

1 egg worth £2,000 and 90 worth £200. No indication of when the £2,000 egg will go on sale.

Tesco

7 eggs worth £1,000 and 84 worth £100.
  • That's ridiculous - all you have to do is read the ingredients on the wrapper!

Everyone knows people from Essex can't count. ;-)
  • PC gone mad
  • @cabury please sort this thread title out
  • Leuth said:

@cabury please sort this thread title out

Don't need him I've done it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Different product but on same theme - Saw a girl (about 9-10) drinking directly from the Fanta refill drink dispenser in our local Asda cafe recently. Her mother was watching her and did nothing. A lady told her to stop as it was disgusting and she went over to her mum. When the lady who told her to stop left the girl went back to the dispenser and did it again. A few of us angrilly told the mother to stop her child doing that. She didn't apologise, just left with her daughter. It saddens me that there are people like that.

Half term this week has been an eye-opening edition of Cuntwatch: Parent edition. Parents just don't seem to give two shits that their children are horrible rude dickheads without any respect for the personal space or property of others.
  • robroy said:

I'm pleased to hear this after being forced to listen to that guy on the advert every five minutes whilst watching catch up.

The one where he is riding a log cabin.

A better idea would be to have a different colored cream on the inside.

Then you'd have had crushed eggs all over the floor.
  • Fiiish said:

Different product but on same theme - Saw a girl (about 9-10) drinking directly from the Fanta refill drink dispenser in our local Asda cafe recently. Her mother was watching her and did nothing. A lady told her to stop as it was disgusting and she went over to her mum. When the lady who told her to stop left the girl went back to the dispenser and did it again. A few of us angrilly told the mother to stop her child doing that. She didn't apologise, just left with her daughter. It saddens me that there are people like that.

Half term this week has been an eye-opening edition of Cuntwatch: Parent edition. Parents just don't seem to give two shits that their children are horrible rude dickheads without any respect for the personal space or property of others.
    I watched a child do similar recently. When the assistant asked her to stop the mother started ranting that the assistant was "infinging (yes, not even the right word) her human rights" and she was going to call the police. Hard to reason with plankton
  • Cadbury’s crime eggs.
    Personally, they’ve never done it for me. Bit like Mars bars, just too sickly and sugary for my vinegar pissing driven palate.