Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LAPTOP REPAIR

My daughter laptop's fan seems to have broken can anyone recommend anywhere to get it fixed in SE LONDON or KENT

Comments

• Options
    Have you tried turning it off and on again.

Someone had to...
  • Options
    Diskworld in welling high st were helpful when we had laptop issues.
  • Options
    Cheers mate
  • Options
    domjoy said:

second this, there's a couple of places in Welling I think
  • Options
    Would see if I could replace without paying someone else. From memory it usually just slots in or over the processor. Another one or two will cool the motherboard and also used to be easy to replace, like for like.. going back a few years mind.
  • Options

Would see if I could replace without paying someone else. From memory it usually just slots in or over the processor. Another one or two will cool the motherboard and also used to be easy to replace, like for like.. going back a few years mind.

Normally I'd agree it's worth a DIY effort but some makes/models of laptop, for example HP/Compaq you have to pretty much dismantle the whole machine to get to the fan. Plenty of videos on how to do it on YouTube though.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Normally I'd agree it's worth a DIY effort but some makes/models of laptop, for example HP/Compaq you have to pretty much dismantle the whole machine to get to the fan. Plenty of videos on how to do it on YouTube though.
    I bet you put a cafc fan in your laptop.

• Options

domjoy said:

second this, there's a couple of places in Welling I think
    Thirded, have had good reports about them.
  • Options
    Base Computer Services Eltham Hill, have used them often, and friends have, all good so far, ring them, very helpful.