Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Dons v Charlton | Sat 17 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:

We're going to win 6-0 and I'm going to score the last one myself

And I'm the one who plays you in behind with a lovely slotted through bal.

Happy birthday fella.
  • Options
    Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • Options
    On the way. Have to say it’s the first time I’ve spent 90 quid on a league 1 game but it’s a lovely day for it. Liver on alert.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

wmcf123 said:

SDAddick said:

Is this the game to start Reeves? Up against former club etc

I was quite impressed by Ajose's cameo on Tuesday, indeed I'd be tempted to play him alongside Josh (not that it will happen)

I dont see why we dont try 3-5-2 feels like we have the personnel now. Ajose up front with Big Josh should work. Solly/JDS both would be good wingbacks, obviously a couple might end up missing out but worth a shot and we would be pretty solid with a back 3 of Bauer, Pearce, Konsa
    I think DaSilva would make a very good wingback, but I just don't think Solly has the legs at the moment. He looks to be struggling just as a normal fullback.

Also, starting 3 at the back against a team who plays one up front isn't usually the best tactical approach. It can often leave two spare central defenders, which is one too many.

I thought Kaikai showed flashes of some real quality, but he looked raw and rusty, to be expected to some extent. I think bringing Reeves back in against his former club is the play here.

Mark Marshall has badly drifted out of games in recent weeks (though he did have the assist Saturday). But I think Reeves is far less effective on the right for us, and Kaikai and Fosu could both play there, but both prefer either playing through the middle or on the left.

Also, I agree that Ajose provided something different and looked to make really aggressive runs in behind on Tuesday in his short cameo, and that despite not being a huge fan of his I was impressed. But I don't know that he's a 60-70 minutes solution right now. He's not played much football this year, and we know he struggles to impact the game at the best of time. I think his place is still impact sub.

Amos
    Solly Konsa Bauer DaSilva
    ........JFC.....Kashi
    Marshall Reeves Fosu
    ..........Magennis
    Reeves over Aribo? No thanks .

That team looks formulaic and rigid- as has been the problem all season
    I agree that is a problem with that team, as was the case against Doncaster. But I don't think that Aribo adds a tremendous amount of dynamism when he's played as a 10. I think that kind of nullifies his ability to have driving runs from deep, because if he picks the ball up deep there isn't the 10 ahead of him to drag players out of position, and there will be more players behind the ball. And I can't really see him bombing on past Josh to stretch defenses. He can certainly get in the box, but making that run into the box from thr 10 role is easier to defend than from the 8 position.

I think the player who adds more dynamism is Kaikai. The problem is he didn't make many runs behind Josh on Tuesday, and when playing on the left he didn't make those out to in runs that we desperately need. Now that may still be to come, it's his first start for us and he clearly has some ability. But what he did on Tuesday was all in front of the defense.

Against Donny Reeves did actually get beyond Josh at times, and played as a false 9 for a bit, but that's not his strong suit.

In short, we desperately miss Stephy.
    I actually think we miss Clarke more than anyone at the moment
    Clarke was my player of the season up to the point he got injured. In fact given what's happened since he'll still probably get my vote!

Clarke was the man who made Robbo's 4-2-3-1 formation work: a good link between defence, midfield and attack and able to hit a bloody good pass (not necessarily the obvious pass either). Without him it's been a predictable give-the-ball-to-Holmes/Fossy/Stephy-and-let-them-run-into five-defenders-with-no-help type of approach to matches.

Would anyone really be surprised if MK win tomorrow?

More grief for Robbo - 2-1 defeat :disappointed:
    I agree that Clarke has been our biggest loss this season, and he's still going to get my vote for POTY! To think he was supposed to be a stop gap until Reeves was fit, is laughable now!
  • Options
    Come on Charlton the bollocks have only just stopped swinging from last week!

All we are saying is give us a performance for 90+ minutes...

Please.
  • Options

On the way. Have to say it’s the first time I’ve spent 90 quid on a league 1 game but it’s a lovely day for it. Liver on alert.

A box I assume?
  • Options

A box I assume?
    Yes mate. 10 of us. Birthday celebration (not mine).
  • Options
    We're so inconsistent I wouldn't be surprised if we smashed them this afternoon.
  • Options
    Not a bad view. Poor crowd though!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just score 4 goals Charlton
  • Options
    As far as I know, Reeves starts
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Sage said:

Probably the right call against his former club. He was obviously very poor in the first half against Doncaster but better, still not great, in the second. But of our fit and available players he is the one who I think is best suited to operating in little pockets of spaceto create chances for others. He really, really needs to turn up today.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Probably the right call against his former club. He was obviously very poor in the first half against Doncaster but better, still not great, in the second. But of our fit and available players he is the one who I think is best suited to operating in little pockets of spaceto create chances for others. He really, really needs to turn up today.
    I think he will really be up for it today and with the big pitch that MK Dons have, he will have more space between the lines to hurt them.
  • Options
    Sage said:

SDAddick said:

Sage said:

I think he will really be up for it today and with the big pitch that MK Dons have, he will have more space between the lines to hurt them.
    We live in hope, he must be due at least one decent game during a season.
  • Options
    Looking on Twitter, it gives off the impression that Marshall is on the bench..?
  • Options
    Just shouted “cmon U reds” to the lads on the pitch from the box in an otherwise deserted stadium. They ignored me. b’stards.
  • Options

Just shouted “cmon U reds” to the lads on the pitch from the box in an otherwise deserted stadium. They ignored me. b’stards.

Throw a pig at them.
  • Options
    Is Pearce no6? If so looks like he’s in the squad from the pic on the os
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Fosu again
  • Options
    Could well see it being something like...

Amos
    Solly Konsa Bauer Dasilva
    Kashi
    Forster-Caskey Aribo
    Reeves
    Magennis Kaikai

But likely to be more like...

Amos
    Solly Konsa Bauer Dasilva
    Kashi Forster-Caskey
    Reeves Aribo Kaikai
    Magennis
  • Options
    So is Aribo playing in the no 10 role or Reeves?

Or is it 442?
  • Options
    My normal stance is that away from home anything other than a defeat is a bonus.

However our home form has been so abysmal that anything other than a win today is inadequate if we have serious, genuine promotion aspirations.

I hope someone locks Reeves in the dressing room bog so Robinson can't play him.
  • Options

Or is it 442?

Come on mate, you know better than that!
  • Options

Or is it 442?

Come on mate, you know better than that!
    I've been calling for a 433 for a while now. Thibk we will see Kashi sitting and dropping in to allow the full backs to push up and provide the width. Aribo and JFC in front of him. Reeves and Kaikai either side of Mag.
  • Options
    A must win game. The trouble is I can't see where the goals are going to come from. No Fosu, presumably injured and Marshall dropped! Does KR forget it was his cross that we scored from last week. How is Reeves chosen ahead of him?
  • Options
    redman said:

A must win game. The trouble is I can't see where the goals are going to come from. No Fosu, presumably injured and Marshall dropped! Does KR forget it was his cross that we scored from last week. How is Reeves chosen ahead of him?

Love child