Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Video: Charlton first premier league win at Anfield

Comments

• Options
    Was there that day - despite awful roadworks on the M6.

Bartlett's goal at the Kop End and SCPs amazing goal line headed clearance are what sticks out in my mind.

That and the fact I had something in both my eyes post match, knowing that little old Charlton had defeated the mighty Kings of Europe at Anfield.

Fabulous, fabulous memories that take make the bad times bearable, knowing we'll see such adventures again one day.
  • Options
    Good header by Barlett to score but even better header by Sir Chris off the line.
  • Options
    Great day.

Let's hope there'll be more.
  • Options
    one of the best away kits ever
  • Options
    Is it in B&W?
  • Options

one of the best away kits ever

Thierry Henry told my boy it was rubbish when he was mascot.

Cheers Terry, happy birthday
  • Options
    Thanks for posting Ross; brilliant day after being denied a win there by some dubious decisions when we drew 3-3. Utter silence from the Kop but I'm sure they were still lauded as passionate, knowledgeable, fair, and humorous. Just the kind of gritty away performance under Curbs that laid the foundations for the more expansive home wins. I think Bartlett or HH also had a similar header they could've scored from shortly before the winner and we wondered if it might cost us, but the team then were so well drilled and enjoyed defending as a unit.
  • Options
    we had free tickets but were sitting in one of the main stands and when we scored I did my usual and was told in no uncertain Liverpudlian terms to sit down and shut up - I did as I was told!