Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carson

Any danger of Liverpool recalling him in the next couple of weeks?
Have got him in my Dream Team so extra concerned!

Comments

• Options
    according to SkySports he cannot be recalled until January at the earliest. Anyway, Dudek is appealing his red card.
  • Options
    the article

From Sky Sports News......

Charlton Athletic have told skysports.com that Scott Carson will not be
    rejoining Liverpool as emergency cover for Jerzy Dudek.

The Polish shot stopper picked up a three-match ban after receiving a red card
    in a reserve clash against Everton, and, with both Carson and Chris Kirkland out
    on loan at Premiership clubs, Dudek's only possible replacement as backup for
    Jose Reina is currently 20-year-old novice David Martin.

The promising custodian was recruited from MK Dons last season but has yet to
    figure in Benitez's first team plans, and the Spaniard has indicated that he
    will look into recalling Carson as he also contemplates an appeal against
    Dudek's dismissal for a confrontation with Toffees striker Victor Anichebe.

"We will have to check on the agreement we have with Charlton before deciding if
    we can bring Scott back in this situation," explained Benitez to the Liverpool
    Echo.

"I've been watching the video again and it's clear we have to do something. The
    tackle on Jerzy was terrible.

"We will be seeing if we can appeal this decision because when you see the
    tackle on Jerzy, it's clear what happened.

"The tackle was so bad, and yet the player only received a yellow card. It's
    crazy."

However The Reds are set to be frustrated in their attempts to bring Carson back
    to the Anfield fold as Charlton have confirmed that, under the terms of the
    England Under-21 international's season-long loan, he can only be recalled by
    Liverpool in the January transfer window at the earliest.

"As we understand, under the terms of the loan, he can be recalled in the
    January transfer window but not before," a club spokeswoman told skysports.com.

As a result of Dudek's dismissal Liverpool will currently be short for the
    upcoming Premiership games with Manchester United and Aston Villa, as well as
    the Carling Cup game against Reading in which the Polish international would, in
    all likelihood, have started in a rare appearance.
  • Options
    merci,

double-pleased to hear that

think he is a top stopper from what we've seen so far
  • Options
    i don't think he has been perfect, i can think of two or three goals so far i think he could of done better with, but forgetting that he has been a lot more safe hands than i was expecting.

Probably our most successful loan we have had so far.
  • Options
    Barring the Pompy goal which I think he could've done better with I think he's been top drawer