Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Russians at it again

Comments

• Options
    Had to laugh at their television apperance. It was more like a sketch from comedy show.
    Totally bizarre and not great acting
  • Options

Having been to Salisbury Cathedral, it's alright but you wouldn't fly all the way from Moscow and then stay in a dive hotel in Bow to visit it.

"Taking the piss" doesn't even begin to cover this preposterous story. For the sake of anyone out there who doesn't quite see that, lets reverse the story and imagine two mature CL 'faces' doing the reverse journey...

"Mate, let's do summat while the wives are away on their wellness weekend"
    "Yeah, like Amsterdam?"
    "Nah, I was thinking more like Nizny Novgorod"
    " Oh yeah, that famous cathedral, I'm up for that"

So our two faces book a flight to Moscow, arriving 3pm Friday. But rather than staying near Red Square, they book a down at heel pension in a shabby suburb. On Saturday morning they travel to Nizny Novgorod. But because it is raining they get terribly dispirited after just half an hour, bless them. And instead of checking into a hotel in NN, they travel all the way back to Moscow and their shabby dive. Then they return again to NN on Sunday 'cos the weather is better. And then they rush back to Moscow again to get a flight out on Sunday evening. They've seen nothing of Moscow, its sights, its clubs, its tottie, its vodka. They had four train journeys though. Proper Charlton weekend...

Putin is either bold faced taking the piss or he actually believes us Brits are as stupid as his own propaganda fed people.

• Options

Having been to Salisbury Cathedral, it's alright but you wouldn't fly all the way from Moscow and then stay in a dive hotel in Bow to visit it.

"Taking the piss" doesn't even begin to cover this preposterous story. For the sake of anyone out there who doesn't quite see that, lets reverse the story and imagine two mature CL 'faces' doing the reverse journey...

"Yeah, like Amsterdam?"

So our two faces book a flight to Moscow, arriving 3pm Friday. But rather than staying near Red Square, they book a down at heel pension in a shabby suburb. On Saturday morning they travel to Nizny Novgorod. But because it is raining they get terribly dispirited after just half an hour, bless them. And instead of checking into a hotel in NN, they travel all the way back to Moscow and their shabby dive. Then they return again to NN on Sunday 'cos the weather is better. And then they rush back to Moscow again to get a flight out on Sunday evening. They've seen nothing of Moscow, its sights, its clubs, its tottie, its vodka. They had four train journeys though. Proper Charlton weekend...

Putin is either bold faced taking the piss or he actually believes us Brits are as stupid as his own propaganda fed people.

There's a job for Roly in their PR office if he wants one...
  • Options

"Yeah, like Amsterdam?"

::look around at his own country. Hangs head in shame::
  • Options

"Yeah, like Amsterdam?"

To be fair to them, who doesn't love a great British train journey at the weekend?

I'm sorry, I mean who doesn't love a great train. To rail replacement coach. To rail replacement coach. To standing outside the train station in a town of 17 for an hour and a half while it snows. To a train that survived the war...at the weekend.
  • Options
    You just have to laugh really. Definitely Putin taking the piss. Wonder just how many Russians believe it?
  • Options
    He has got some conkers that Putin!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's unfortunate for the Russians that this pair look like a couple of likely lads from special ops. As others have said, a few days in the UK and you travel to an obscure hotel in Bow before making your main trip to Salisbury (of all places) for a brief visit to the cathedral. The more obviously laughable it is the more enjoyment the Russsians get out demonstrating they can get away with these things and mock us over them too.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I did go to St Basil's in Red Square in 2012 and drop a pretty heavy vodka induced fart though... just saying, it is a feasible story!
  • Options
    addick05 said:

You just have to laugh really. Definitely Putin taking the piss. Wonder just how many Russians believe it?

I seriously doubt that the average Russian takes the slightest bit of interest in this. I also think the Putin doesn’t think it’s any big deal to try a assassinate people who displease him or the fact that a women, with no connection to Russia has died. Russia just wants to be seen as a super power with military might. If they carry on with their posturing I can see cold part two heading our way sometime soon.
  • Options
    Can cope with a Cold War, it’s a hot war I’m worried about
  • Options

Can cope with a Cold War, it’s a hot war I’m worried about

Neither for me, the last one may not of been hot for us but east and west went head to head in proxy wars all over the world.
  • Options
    I went to the Kremlin and knocked on the door to ask is Len in.
  • Options
    I would think that the security services have cc footage of these two that is not in the public domain that would completely disprove their version if events.
  • Options

I would think that the security services have cc footage of these two that is not in the public domain that would completely disprove their version if events.

This.

Pure playground stuff from a massive, and dangerous, nation.

I wonder if these chaps would like to pop over to Blighty to sign a statement. Didn’t think so

• Options
    My first thought on hearing Rus and Alex discuss their great desire to visit Salisbury, following small talk from all their friends was that it was pure Monty Python. But, then I checked out the real Monty Python Russian sketch and there is no comparison. These two jokers have got a lot to learn ... although I suppose we all have to start somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sicEBltXUeY
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think the interview was aimed at us. It was almost comical. I say almost because an innocent woman died. It is pointless pointing out all of the holes in their story as they are more like chasms, Unfortunately, the bottom line is that we can't do anything about it unless they are stupid enough to leave Russia.
  • Options
    These 2 goons cocked up their mission in every way ..they didn't accomplish it and left behind a pretty messy trail ....

It's the salt mines for them

The other explanation is that it went entirely as putin ( evrytime I see his name I think of bill mcclaren) wanted and he sees this as a brazen display of what he can do if he pleases
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I suspect that a fair number of Russians with their in built bias will chose the believe this. I must admit, the oldest clock bit made me think about taking a look next time I am there. I googled it and it is quite interesting. A non biased interveiwer could have asked them some questions about the clock which I am sure these two wouldn't know. As they were in Salisbury, did they go to Stone Henge? Or was it just a trip to see this clock?
  • Options
    According to a piece in The Grauniad the descriptions of the cathedral are basically word for word from it's Wikipedia page.
  • Options

I suspect that a fair number of Russians with their in built bias will chose the believe this. I must admit, the oldest clock bit made me think about taking a look next time I am there. I googled it and it is quite interesting. A non biased interveiwer could have asked them some questions about the clock which I am sure these two wouldn't know. As they were in Salisbury, did they go to Stone Henge? Or was it just a trip to see this clock?

Never underestimate the power of indoctrination, I see the results on a daily basis.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    We know how interesting Salisbury is - certainly that it doesn't have enough to offer to justify a trip from Russia. A lot of Russians won't know that! Mind you why would their government want to do what they did and not be blamed for it. They deny it and say prove it, but they also want to send a message out to people who might upset the regime. There are clearly more effective ways of killing people, this nerve agent didn't kill the target. But it is again, all about the message.
  • Options
    The Russians have been blatantly taking the piss for years.

Don't forget it wasn't them that marched into Crimea. And it wasn't them that shot down the Malaysian airliner.

Amazing that these things happened on their own door step and they apparently have no idea who was responsible.
  • Options

They found the perfume bottle near the Skripal incident and the poor lady sprayed it on both wrists.

Oh wow, that is diabolical.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Don't forget it wasn't them that marched into Crimea. And it wasn't them that shot down the Malaysian airliner.

Amazing that these things happened on their own door step and they apparently have no idea who was responsible.

Two priceless quotes in relation to the Crimean invasion - one that it was Russian troops but they were doing it in their spare time and not as directed by the state; the other that it wasn’t Russian troops but individuals who bought old army uniforms in charity shops....
  • Options

Off_it said:

Two priceless quotes in relation to the Crimean invasion - one that it was Russian troops but they were doing it in their spare time and not as directed by the state; the other that it wasn’t Russian troops but individuals who bought old army uniforms in charity shops....

An invasion that was actually a busman's holiday and cosplay convention?!!?!