Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Charlton 0-2 Shrewsbury Town

many thanks to the 66 Lifers and me who gave marks:

Comments

• Well there you have it. Stats prove very little (at times).

Shrewsbury absolutely played us off the park for 85 mins and yet look at the stats !

Possession almost equal. Corners equal. Shots on target equal. The Shrews had one more shot off target. (Goals 0-2).
  • We aren't putting chances away and are conceding too many. That is literally it.
  • Well there you have it. Stats prove very little (at times).

Shrewsbury absolutely played us off the park for 85 mins and yet look at the stats !

Possession almost equal. Corners equal. Shots on target equal. The Shrews had one more shot off target. (Goals 0-2).

One of those shots on target was the penalty, the other was a soft one I think?!
  • Not good when your Goalkeeper is the best player in what really was a must win match
  • Thanks as ever LL. I think some of the stats aren't right, Josh has 8 goals now, Kashi 2 and Bauer

Not good when your Goalkeeper is the best player in what really was a must win match

Amos to me has been undermarked over the last few weeks. He got MOTM in this match by default, but generally has been excellent recently, I can't recall any clear mistakes that have cost us a goal
  • edited February 2018

Well there you have it. Stats prove very little (at times).

We murdered them for the 1st 5 minutes :smile:

2 or 3 shots on target, another just off target and dominated possession. Sadly this didn't continue...
  • I know this if my aunt had a cock she'd be my uncle moment but had one of them early had gone in it changes the game...
  • Recommend all those saying they played us off the park go back and watch the game on Valley Pass.

We were both shite, both had a good spell and they capitalised on 2 of their 4 shots on target, we didn't.
  • edited February 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

Recommend all those saying they played us off the park go back and watch the game on Valley Pass.

We were both shite, both had a good spell and they capitalised on 2 of their 4 shots on target, we didn't.

I think you're losing the plot Dazzler, the cold must be getting to you.

Shrewsbury were not shite. They were the second best team we've played this season (after Wigan).

The game was lost as soon as the first goal went in and we wouldn't have scored if the game was still being played now.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Recommend all those saying they played us off the park go back and watch the game on Valley Pass.

Their "good spell" just happened to last for 75 minutes!
  • Sponsored links:

• I know this if my aunt had a cock she'd be my uncle moment but had one of them early had gone in it changes the game...

How many games can you say that about this season...
  • Scoham said:

I know this if my aunt had a cock she'd be my uncle moment but had one of them early had gone in it changes the game...

How many games can you say that about this season...
    Yes, we would have lost 2-1!