Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Biily Jones

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crewe_alexandra/6721845.stm

i belive this is us, i remember seeing somehre that when Varney signed Dario said Charlton where a good club for him and he should chose us over the others.

Comments

• Options
    Any Youngster coming from Crewe is generally of good stock & is taught how to play properly from the earliest of years.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited June 2007
    i'm not being funny but why are we signing League one players?

I'm not pretending that i know a lot about that league or anything but if they are so good wouldnt they be snapped up a long time ago (20 is old for a footballer nowadays!!)?

I know we have to adapt our expectations regarding everything now but come on.
  • Options
    This guy is of the level we should be looking at (Cherry Picking players from lower leagues is a good thing) whereas players like Danny Spiller at Gills are Shite..!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]i'm not being funny but why are we signing League two players?

They're league one mate and that's only 1 league below us!
  • Options
    sorry, i was thinking old money!
  • Options
    roseandcrown i do hope we're after jones but the team that have made the approach is preston apparently. also has it been mentioned that matt jarvis is apparently on the verge of joining leicester.
  • Options
    Sure i read weeks ago that Pardew said he wasn't interested in Jarvis.
  • Options
    oh i hope it is us and not Preston, i have heard some very good things about him, just when i saw the article it it made sense with whta Dario was quoting us saying, also i think this is Pardews tatics for us this year finding good young english talent from the Championship, league like he did for westham - i.e reo-coker.
  • Options
    I still expect us to sign Mullins and Etherington
  • Options
    Crewe have only just signed Billy Jones from Exeter:
    http://www.thisischeshire.co.uk/display.var.1442160.0.jones_happy_with_alex_reunion.php

Another one that is, they have two Billy Jones's!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Crewe have only just signed Billy Jones from Exeter:
    http://www.thisischeshire.co.uk/display.var.1442160.0.jones_happy_with_alex_reunion.php

Another one that is, they have two Billy Jones's!

err no top of the thread we are after Biily jones ;-) get it right salad
  • Options
    aha that's that cleared up then
    mind you for a moment there I thought you meant Biliy Jones, never rated him
  • Options
    If we signed him we could sing

Bill and Ben, the fullback men

Coat, I'm getting it.
  • Options
    WOW tho. Crew have just signed Billy Jones from exeter for 50k And hes an old team mate of mine. Quality player he was. Used to call him Billy Beckham. He got nabbed up by leyton orient when we where younger. Hes from Rainham
  • Options
    according to the Crewe messageboards it is a done deal that he's coming to us. Also the comments on the Crewe site seem to point to us.
  • Options
    Bill and Ben
    Bill and Ben
    Bill and Ben, Bill and Bill,
    The fullback men

Go on, admit it's growing on you. :-)
  • Options
    Billy Beckham, LOL.

So which Billy Jones have we got.......the wrong Billy? ;-)
  • Options
    The Billy Jones we are linked with is the midfielder not the full back!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Bill and Ben
    Bill and Ben
    The fullback men

Go on, admit it's growing on you. :-)[/quote]

Full back Bill
    Full back Ben
    The fullback men

it is now .............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Billy Beckham, LOL.

So which Billy Jones have we got.......the wrong Billy? ;-)

LOL

We used to call him that coz when whenever we got a free kick outside the area it was like having a penalty. 9/10 he would always score. Peach of a left foot. But it isn't him we are getting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he's just signed for Preston.