Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ken Dodd RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    Truly one of a kind. RIP
  • Options
    A complete one off. Amazing live shows.

RIP Ken.
  • Options
    RIP. Another national institution passes away.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    It was well known he took half his fees in cash so amazed he avoided prison, the trial in Liverpool saved him. RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Doddy.
  • Options
    RIP. I was flying out of Gatwick once and he was in the BA lounge - surrounded by people and making jokes. Appeared to be completely mad but in a nice way. Was exactly the same as his stage persona.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Another part of my childhood gone.

In the words of one of his hits he bought Happiness, Happiness.

RIP Doddy
  • Options
    RIP

pleasssseeee lets not have the famous for being a scouser mob wheeled out now ----"the Germans bombed my chippy" pity u wernt in it at the time tho
  • Options

RIP

pleasssseeee lets not have the famous for being a scouser mob wheeled out now ----"the Germans bombed my chippy" pity u wernt in it at the time tho

Too late just had Claire Sweeney on the ITV news.
  • Options
    Sad news he was a legend! I remember my nan and grandad telling me that they went to his stand up show and he did a 4 hour set then its was ment to be a 2 hour show he just didn't want to stop the laughter ! Brilliant RIP Doddy
  • Options
    So many of our RIP threads I go who ? The measure of Ken is that no one will do that. A man deserving of the word Legend.
  • Options
    RIP
    Very fond tributes coming in for him. An amazing comedian.
    Amazing statistic also that his song Tears was the 3rd best selling single in UK in the 60s.
    By Jove missus.
  • Options
    My wife and I had tickets to see him on 16 December in Stoke, which would have been one of his last shows I believe. Two days earlier I broke my hip so couldn't go.

An absolute one-off and a pure treasure. Very, very funny man.

RIP Sir Ken.
  • Options
    At Ken Dodd's trial in Liverpool for tax Evasion, the jury were 6 Goofy folk and 6 who couldn't see over the hand rail. He was acquitted. Ken Dodd had a fantastic memory and was old time vaudeville. RIP