Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

dyer to play at right back for england ?

makes you wonder why there's nobody that's english that regularly plays at right back so they wouldn't have this problem...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6716859.stm

Comments

• Options
    I think they are looking at him there to help give the right side some attacking pace (Beckham doesn't have that ability) as Estonia have already said that they will sit deep and attempt to stop the supply from the wings.

I could not see them playing Dyer is we were up against Russia or Croatia.
  • Options
    why not eh, they won't attack us at all....
  • Options
    dyer, very overrated in my opinion.
  • Options
    Says it all about the current English Manager, fookin clueless.
  • Options
    totally agree, can they not find an attacking full back, perhaps that something to do with having phil neville about - its not like we have to submit a squad or something, totally clueless I have to agree.
  • Options
    All the full backs are injured aren't they? Neville, Richards, Glen johnson as a last resort.
  • Options
    Give him some credit for being adventurous. He's taking a sh!t or bust gamble but at least he's willing to roll the dice , it's more than can be said about Sven.
  • Options
    do we need 4 at the back against estonia?
  • Options
    exactly, 4 hoofers against 1 striker and we wonder why we don't break teams down.
  • Options
    why can't carragher or brown play there?

if we need dyer, i'd rather have him on the bench to come on at the end, if we need him. And if we do indeed need him with 20mins to go then i'm afraid we will not be in Euro 2008 regardless
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    carraghers not attacking enough, nor a good enough centre half in my opinion, good to have him in the squad for his versatility though
  • Options
    play terry carragher and rio or king

carrick gerard lamps

beck cole

owen crouch

effing dyer
  • Options
    Where does this put 'Super Luke' the £6m right back in the order I ask myself? One place below my gran? (who died three years ago).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]carraghers not attacking enough, nor a good enough centre half in my opinion, good to have him in the squad for his versatility though
    Surprised at this. he has been a rock and the primary defender for a Liverpool team that hasnt conceded many goals in the past 3/4 years. Defender wise i would have him ahead of Rio.

I know Rio is a better "footballer" but in recent years England have been plain crap at defending and i don't think JT is a bad player witht he ball at his feet.

We have too many "versatile" players in the squad with King, Neville, Carragher (if you include him), Dyer etc etc.

Why can't we have a team of players who can play very well in a number of positions rather than "ok" in a number of positions.

Watching England frustrates me and i am 80-20 in favour of watching The Apprentice tonight.