Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Fleetwood

2»

Comments

• Options
    Amos: 6
    Konsa: 5
    Pearce: 6
    Bauer: 6
    Sarr: 6
    Aribo: 5
    Forster-Caskey: 4
    Marshall: 5
    Reeves: 5
    Fosu-Henry: 6
    Magennis: 5
    Ajose: 6
    Zyro: 6
  • Options
    Amos: 6 - very little to do but saved well with his feet in the second half
    Konsa: 5 - didn't venture forward at all (presumably on instructions)
    Pearce: 5 - nearly cost us the game with a horrendous error
    Bauer: 6 - competent
    Sarr: 5 - did ok, given that he is playing out of position
    Aribo: 6 - would like to see him playing further forward
    Forster-Caskey: 4.5 - too slow and ponderous
    Marshall: 5 - tries hard but can't remember him putting in a single decent cross. His stellar performance at Bradford last season looks like a one-off (rather like Ajose's at Swindon two years ago)
    Reeves: 4 - a few nice touches but he is too easily brushed off the ball and simply does not offer enough. Another dud signing
    Fosu-Henry: 7 - excellent in the first half. His performance dipped in the second, notably when failing to get past the first defender with his corners. The best of a bad bunch
    Magennis: 5 - looked an isolated and unhappy figure
    Ajose: 6.5 - a few good combinations with Zyro and showed some good movement
    Zyro: 6 - more effective than Magennis
  • Options
    Amos: 6.5
    Konsa: 5.5
    Pearce: 4.5
    Bauer: 5.5
    Aribo: 6
    Forster-Caskey: 5.5
    Marshall: 4
    Reeves: 4
    Fosu-Henry: 4
    Magennis: 4
  • Options
    Amos: 6 clean sheet
    Pearce: 4.5
    Sarr: 5.5
    Aribo:5
    Forster-Caskey:5.5 not a lot came off but at least he was trying to break through
    Reeves:5
    Fosu-Henry: 6 looked bothered
    Ajose: 6 looked lively

Kaikai: n/a

I don't think any individual played particularly badly, unfortunately it's a team game and the team as a whole was toothless
  • Options
    Konsa: 6
    Pearce:6
    Forster-Caskey: 5
    Fosu-Henry: 5
    Magennis: 3
    Ajose: 5.5
    Zyro: 5

Average shite from a team that has run out of idea's and that has given up.
  • Options

At the Valley or a live stream your marks please:

Bauer: 7
    Aribo: 6.5
    Forster-Caskey: 5
    Marshall: 5.5
    Fosu-Henry: 6
    Magennis: 5.5
    Ajose: 6.5
    Zyro: 6.5

Kaikai: n/a

• Options
    edited March 2018
    BR3red said:

SDAddick said:

Amos: 6 - Didn't have much to do.

Konsa: 7 - Solid if unspectacular going forward but attacks didn't come down his side.

Pearce: 5.5 - That mistake on the halfway line. I thought he was a bit better today until that. That is completely unacceptable from our most experienced defender and captain for the day. He also likes to drop onto the goal line when the ball is in the 18 yard box which is weird.

Bauer: 8.5 MOTM - He is very good at defending and bailed Pearce out on more than one occasion.

Sarr: 7.5 - Marauding left back. Thought he was very good today.

Aribo: 5.5 - Was there but often made the wrong decision in the final third. Looked slow and ponderous on the ball.

Forster-Caskey: 6.5 - A more reserved and tidier role. Nearly had the defense splitting pass that broke them down only for Ajose to be ruled offside.

Marshall: 6.5 - Drifted in and out but got to the byline and got crosses in on a few occasions. They weren't very accurate, but that's an improvement.

Reeves: 7 - Would have liked to have seen him with Zyro and/or Ajose in front of him. Any little breakthrough we had either came from him or Fosu. He looks after the ball well and takes up clever positions. It's just he gets doubled and tripled up because there is no one running beyond him.

Fosu-Henry: 7 - A lot of hard work, a lot of feigning to shoot or cross, not a lot of end product. To be fair when there is no overlapping fullback and not much movement ahead of you or beside you, it makes things very hard and he often got doubled up as soon as he had the ball.

Magennis: 6 - He is not helped by how static the attacking three and midfield two are. No one runs past him. No one makes out to in runs. That said he would have done well to drop deep and leave a space there to potentially create space for others. He is not best suited to games aggainst tigght, compact defenses where he needs to make little touches and interchange with the attackers.

Ajose: 6.5 - Looked lively and looked to drop deep and run at them. Unfortunately that's not his forte and it wasn't always effective. Why he was offside on that ball from JFC I don't know.

Zyro: 6.5 - He looks good with the ball at his feet. Unfortunately, by the time he comes on we're just looking to lump it forward.

Kaikai: n/a Worked hard and tracked back well. Didn't seem to offer much going forward.

Different game watched to me.

Surely those scores reflect a comfortable home win against a very poor team, not a toothless
    0-0?
    So my scores have to be consistent with what my other scored have been, good or bad. My 7 is different to your 7, but to make this work you have to remain consistent to your scores. So for me, 6.5 is an average game, nothing special, nothing awful, or perhaps a couple of moments of quality, a couple of moments that were poor. That's presumably not a 6.5 to you. And because this is all relativistic, we're both right. Does that make sense?

I don't think anybody was what I'll call "Blackpool awful" yesterday. I think a lot of players were decent without being spectacular, which is why there are a lot of 6s. I thought it represented a return to previous of playing pretty well, passing it well, and not being able to break down a packed defense. I think it feels worse because of recent results in which individual performances, along with the team performance, have been awful. I thought yesterday was a good summation of our season, perhaps minus the going ahead then conceding late.

The problem of course is that a 0-0 home draw to a team just outside the relegation zone is what I'd call "the average" for our season.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

BR3red said:

SDAddick said:

Konsa: 7 - Solid if unspectacular going forward but attacks didn't come down his side.

Pearce: 5.5 - That mistake on the halfway line. I thought he was a bit better today until that. That is completely unacceptable from our most experienced defender and captain for the day. He also likes to drop onto the goal line when the ball is in the 18 yard box which is weird.

Bauer: 8.5 MOTM - He is very good at defending and bailed Pearce out on more than one occasion.

Aribo: 5.5 - Was there but often made the wrong decision in the final third. Looked slow and ponderous on the ball.

Forster-Caskey: 6.5 - A more reserved and tidier role. Nearly had the defense splitting pass that broke them down only for Ajose to be ruled offside.

Marshall: 6.5 - Drifted in and out but got to the byline and got crosses in on a few occasions. They weren't very accurate, but that's an improvement.

Reeves: 7 - Would have liked to have seen him with Zyro and/or Ajose in front of him. Any little breakthrough we had either came from him or Fosu. He looks after the ball well and takes up clever positions. It's just he gets doubled and tripled up because there is no one running beyond him.

Fosu-Henry: 7 - A lot of hard work, a lot of feigning to shoot or cross, not a lot of end product. To be fair when there is no overlapping fullback and not much movement ahead of you or beside you, it makes things very hard and he often got doubled up as soon as he had the ball.

Magennis: 6 - He is not helped by how static the attacking three and midfield two are. No one runs past him. No one makes out to in runs. That said he would have done well to drop deep and leave a space there to potentially create space for others. He is not best suited to games aggainst tigght, compact defenses where he needs to make little touches and interchange with the attackers.

Ajose: 6.5 - Looked lively and looked to drop deep and run at them. Unfortunately that's not his forte and it wasn't always effective. Why he was offside on that ball from JFC I don't know.

Zyro: 6.5 - He looks good with the ball at his feet. Unfortunately, by the time he comes on we're just looking to lump it forward.

Kaikai: n/a Worked hard and tracked back well. Didn't seem to offer much going forward.

Surely those scores reflect a comfortable home win against a very poor team, not a toothless
    0-0?
    So my scores have to be consistent with what my other scored have been, good or bad. My 7 is different to your 7, but to make this work you have to remain consistent to your scores. So for me, 6.5 is an average game, nothing special, nothing awful, or perhaps a couple of moments of quality, a couple of moments that were poor. That's presumably not a 6.5 to you. And because this is all relativistic, we're both right. Does that make sense?

I don't think anybody was what I'll call "Blackpool awful" yesterday. I think a lot of players were decent without being spectacular, which is why there are a lot of 6s. I thought it represented a return to previous of playing pretty well, passing it well, and not being able to break down a packed defense. I think it feels worse because of recent results in which individual performances, along with the team performance, have been awful. I thought yesterday was a good summation of our season, perhaps minus the going ahead then conceding late.

The problem of course is that a 0-0 home draw to a team just outside the relegation zone is what I'd call "the average" for our season.
    Surely, on a scale of 1-10, 5 is average?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

BR3red said:

SDAddick said:

0-0?

Yes, but think of something like "a 7/10 player." What do you expect from them, hard work, consistency, not many moments of magic? Dirk Kuyt, if you will. And these are professional footballers, so to me they should start at something above the median, that should be expected.

If we want to talk about unifying our numbers and ctiterium for next year I'd be happy to do that. There's actually something in my day job that is very similar to this, so I think about it a lot more than is normal/healthy.
  • Options
    Forster-Caskey: 6
    Marshall: 6
    Reeves: 6
    Fosu-Henry: 6.5
    Magennis: 6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    SDAddick said:

se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

BR3red said:

SDAddick said:

0-0?

Yes, but think of something like "a 7/10 player." What do you expect from them, hard work, consistency, not many moments of magic? Dirk Kuyt, if you will. And these are professional footballers, so to me they should start at something above the median, that should be expected.

If we want to talk about unifying our numbers and ctiterium for next year I'd be happy to do that. There's actually something in my day job that is very similar to this, so I think about it a lot more than is normal/healthy.
    One man's five is another man's six, it doesn't matter so long as each maintains consistency through the season. That 's your relativism thing I guess.
  • Options
    @lancashire lad
    Having watched the match again (I know, I know) can I give an extra mark to Amos and Ajose?
  • Options
    Didn't think we had enough people in the stadium to give as many marks.
  • Options
    Amos: 7 Clean sheet made some good saves .One mistake but an extra point for playing after needing pain killers at half time
    Konsa: 5 A couple of times he got caught out
    Pearce: 6 Looking better with him although he also nearly cost us in possession
    Bauer: 6 Looked sound
    Sarr: 6 Extra point for trying to overlap . Better than Da Silva defensively .
    Aribo: 6 Needs to get forward more .Looked better in the 4 4 2 .
    Forster-Caskey: 6 Kept trying to be creative
    Marshall: 6 Wish he had more pace
    Reeves: 7 Surprised he was subbed . I thought he played well
    Fosu-Henry: 6 Loses a point for the awful corners
    Magennis: 5 Things didn't come off for him today
    Ajose: 7 Looked lively
    Zyro: 7 Thought he was more effective than Magennis .
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

@lancashire lad
    Having watched the match again (I know, I know) can I give an extra mark to Amos and Ajose?

You didn't seriously watch the full 90 minutes again, did you?
  • Options
    Amos: 4 - Dont see the fuss about this bloke, he looks pony to me.
    Konsa: 5- Average
    Pearce: 6- SOLID
    Bauer: 6-SOLID
    Sarr: 6 -People are too harsh on him, had a good game.
    Aribo: 6- Looked good, but couldn't find the killer pass.
    Forster-Caskey: 5- Too long on the ball.
    Marshall: 5- Weak
    Reeves: 6- Best Ive seen him play, Worked his socks off, strange sub.
    Fosu-Henry: 4- So much talent. Unfortunately he has the footballing brain of a 3 year old.
    Magennis: 5 - Wont mark him down, Leaving 1 up front is ruining his career.
    Ajose: 2 - GO AWAY YOU LAZY TOSSER
    Zyro: 4- Didn't change it, sat too deep.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

JamesSeed said:

@lancashire lad

You didn't seriously watch the full 90 minutes again, did you?
    Well, it was on while I was cooking.

It beats thrashing myself with a whip.
  • Options
    Amos: 5
    Pearce: 5
    Bauer: 5
    Sarr: 5
    Aribo: 5
    Forster-Caskey: 4
    Reeves: 7
    Ajose: 5
    This was a pretty average performance against aprettu average league 1 team, the game was boring as well.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

@lancashire lad

yes just this once
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

@lancashire lad

yes just this once
    You old softie Lancs :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It won't happen again ;-)
  • Options
    Amos: 7
    Konsa: 4
    Pearce: 5
    Sarr: 4
    Forster-Caskey: 6
    Marshall: 4
    Reeves: 3
    Magennis: 7
    Ajose: 5
    Zyro: 4

Kaikai: n/a - beyond irony
  • Options
    High number mean good, low number mean bad?