Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Protest Fund - Update and Appeal for Donations***

Comments

• Options

Bull's eye from me
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Can we get back to the main point please?

The protest fund needs more money. Please give us some if you can.

Ta. Happy Sunday evening to all :smile:

Will it be spent protesting in Belgium or over here? As I think any protests here would be a waste of money as he doesn’t give a shit what happens here.
  • Options
    Onlyme said:

Davo55 said:

Can we get back to the main point please?

The protest fund needs more money. Please give us some if you can.

Ta. Happy Sunday evening to all :smile:

Will it be spent protesting in Belgium or over here? As I think any protests here would be a waste of money as he doesn’t give a shit what happens here.
    Well, I disagree with you.

It will be spent on approved bids. The only ones on the table so far are from CARD in the UK, although CARD also have intentions to protest in Belgium in May if necessary.

If you want to make a contribution to what ROT are doing in Belgium, join them and/or donate directly to them.
  • Options
    Fifty in the pot from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bugger off Roland. Donated!
  • Options
    Done.

Let's see him off.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    That's about 2% of the protest fund.

I'll get my coat.
  • Options
    Onlyme said:

So you do believe that he will be affected by the ‘approved bid’ suggestions that will take place in the UK, (I’m not so sure).
    I hope you are right but I feel CARD’s intended protest in Belgium will affect him more.

ROT’s idea is excellent but it shouldn’t be the only one that should be Belgium based.
    Hopefully we will get news soon that none of the protests will be needed and we are free from his ownership.
    If it not sorted soon I feel we will be looking at relegation next season.

Agree 100%.

I respect any group of people giving of their time to help remove RD. After all he is the owner we are all working for the common good to eject. However will not donate any more (have only made small donations) i do not want funds spent on (self congratulatory) rosettes. How do they impact on Roland?

I have always believed the most effective place to campaign was in Belgium. That belief has only strengthened.

Card, I hope, will get behind ROT with full backing.

There are so many ways to protest in Belgium, example protest in Brussels where their are people with much more power/influence than RD.

Protest at the Royal Belgian F.A in Avenue Houba de Strooper 145, Brussels ? Just a thought.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

There is a fine line in protesting in Belgium. The last thing that is needed is it be seen as a protest against Belgium, either the people or the country.

The focus needs to be on the man, his businesses and most importantly his reputation.

Dunno it’s as boring as anything out there can’t we do both
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Onlyme said:

So you do believe that he will be affected by the ‘approved bid’ suggestions that will take place in the UK, (I’m not so sure).
    I hope you are right but I feel CARD’s intended protest in Belgium will affect him more.

ROT’s idea is excellent but it shouldn’t be the only one that should be Belgium based.
    Hopefully we will get news soon that none of the protests will be needed and we are free from his ownership.

Agree 100%.

I respect any group of people giving of their time to help remove RD. After all he is the owner we are all working for the common good to eject. However will not donate any more (have only made small donations) i do not want funds spent on (self congratulatory) rosettes. How do they impact on Roland?

I have always believed the most effective place to campaign was in Belgium. That belief has only strengthened.

There are so many ways to protest in Belgium, example protest in Brussels where their are people with much more power/influence than RD.

Protest at the Royal Belgian F.A in Avenue Houba de Strooper 145, Brussels ? Just a thought.
    We could get into a very long debate about protests in Belgium vs protests in the UK. In my opinion, both have an important part to play.

With respect, the phrase I have highlighted is way too general. I know that there have been at least two meetings between some members of CARD and ROT where advice previously has been given. CARD is a coalition and you need to be precise about what you want from CARD, or individuals within it.

Edit: privately of course, rather than on here.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Onlyme said:

Agree 100%.

We could get into a very long debate about protests in Belgium vs protests in the UK. In my opinion, both have an important part to play.

With respect, the phrase I have highlighted is way too general. I know that there have been at least two meetings between some members of CARD and ROT where advice previously has been given. CARD is a coalition and you need to be precise about what you want from CARD, or individuals within it.

Edit: privately of course, rather than on here.
    Well I want a fight with CARD for no good reason. I'm going to need a grand to organise it and CARD's publicity machine to get it known. OK?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Shame it has come to this. I shall be making a donation to CARD. However I would also have liked to make specific contributions re Belgian visits. I have no idea how to do this and when I have tried to find out ahead of visits I have received no response.
  • Options
    redman said:

Chizz said:
    Shame it has come to this. I shall be making a donation to CARD. However I would also have liked to make specific contributions re Belgian visits. I have no idea how to do this and when I have tried to find out ahead of visits I have received no response.
    Why not contact ROT direct, @redman ?
  • Options
    I

redman said:

Chizz said:
    Why not contact ROT direct, @redman ?
    I am and will become a member of ROT. However I understood ROT to be about something specific and not the Belgian protests in general.
  • Options
    Jesus H Christ. Some of the posts on this thread are truly unbelievable. Have a fucking word with yourselves. Pathetic.
  • Options
    *** UPDATE ***

Thank you to the many generous people who responded to our latest appeal. An additional £1,645 has been added to the fund, of which £155 is through the sterling efforts of @charltonnick in selling the Roland Out merchandise.

@Curb_It and I would like to make it clear that, in the event of a takeover happening next week, our intention is to refund the additional donations made since the appeal.

When a takeover does happen our intention is to close the fund, provide a final report on sources and use of funds, and to set out what we think would be a good use of any residual money.

Thanks again to all our generous contributors.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Jesus H Christ. Some of the posts on this thread are truly unbelievable. Have a fucking word with yourselves. Pathetic.

Welcome back mate ;-)
  • Options
    Thanks to more orders £235 has now gone off to the fund with more to come from pin badge sales
  • Options
    Can we still donate?