Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best places to live in Britain.

2»

Comments

• Options
    bellz2002 said:

Suprised Sittingbourne isn't on the list

Or the Isle of Sheppey.
    Nowt wrong with Sheppey..... well certain parts anyway
  • Options
    My part of Cheshire is lovely. I live about 10 minutes from Nantwich, a beautiful little town, known as mini-Chester. Chester is lovely as well. We looked at the usual Cheshire hot-spots, Knutsford, Wilmslow, Alderley edge, but preferred living with real people rather than footballers!! Ryan Shawcross lives in Nantwich but probably doesn't pass the 'footballer' test!!
  • Options
    JT said:

Remember when my hometown Hythe was voted the 4th worst place to live in UK. Anyone who has been down those parts, will know that is truly bizarre.

Seaside town, good pubs, hardly any crime.

Perhaps the seemingly endless noise from the Hythe MoD firing ranges, often right through to 23:00hrs, might have something to do with it?
  • Options
    Everybody tells me how horrible Stevenage is, but I think it is actually quite nice.
  • Options

PeterGage said:

My town (ney, Bucks) made tbe best list in the South East.

The biggest gripe on the local Facebook page is not drugs, burglaries or any other crime but the level of dog poo!!

The mind boggles...

How high is the level?

I mean, if it's worthy of discussion it must be above the default ground level.
    The level isnt high. Frequent assessments by council environtal staff always give us a clean bill of health.

The point I was trying to make is that other potential national major issues such as crime
    And drugs are so low here in Olney that locals complain viciforously about the level of dog poo.

• Options

Family club of the year, promotion last season, a strong showing this season and now Berm-on-Sea getting it's rightfully deserved plaudits.

There's absolutely no way someone could justify criticising the decision. Utterly fair and unquestionably correct.

Someone wishing to take the gloss off of this achievement can only be from some 'alt' group and should be wholly ignored as they're more than likely morons and liars who don't understand.

You might be able to fool a northerner as to your upwardly mobile mobs location but most of us go past it twice a day. (see real Charlton, I've now made a train related observation in this thread)
  • Options

Family club of the year, promotion last season, a strong showing this season and now Berm-on-Sea getting it's rightfully deserved plaudits.

There's absolutely no way someone could justify criticising the decision. Utterly fair and unquestionably correct.

Someone wishing to take the gloss off of this achievement can only be from some 'alt' group and should be wholly ignored as they're more than likely morons and liars who don't understand.

You might be able to fool a northerner as to your upwardly mobile mobs location but most of us go past it twice a day. (see real Charlton, I've now made a train related observation in this thread)
    I'm not gong to ask you to justify your criticisms as they can't be.

Nor am I going to name call. This is due to my previous post on the subject doing this for me (see third paragraph).

Lastly I have to take issue with your 'real' Charlton claim as, had you been real Charlton, you wouldn't pass our place at all. You would, instead, pass by the Valley after/before taking in the sights of places such as Erith, Belvedere, Scabby Wood, the two Woolwich cesspits, Plumstead and Greenwich.

@i_b_b_o_r_g & @cabbles I thought it best to bring it to your attention(s), being the most senior and respected moderators on here, that you have a charlatan in your midst.
    Via Lewisham means, yes twice a day. Not a pleasant sight. Please don't post here if you don't know you routes.
  • Options

Nor am I going to name call. This is due to my previous post on the subject doing this for me (see third paragraph).

Lastly I have to take issue with your 'real' Charlton claim as, had you been real Charlton, you wouldn't pass our place at all. You would, instead, pass by the Valley after/before taking in the sights of places such as Erith, Belvedere, Scabby Wood, the two Woolwich cesspits, Plumstead and Greenwich.

@i_b_b_o_r_g & @cabbles I thought it best to bring it to your attention(s), being the most senior and respected moderators on here, that you have a charlatan in your midst.
    I mentioned it to my wife last night who is from Deptford and a family of spanners - and she said something along the lines of wtf!

You're not kidding anyone, BBW - even you couldn't believe it ;-)
  • Options

Via Lewisham means, yes twice a day. Not a pleasant sight. Please don't post here if you don't know you routes.
    I could be wrong, and really hope that I am, but the route you talk of wouldn't take in Erith unless you changed en route.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm gentrified Charlton from Plumstead.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I mentioned it to my wife last night who is from Deptford and a family of spanners - and she said something along the lines of wtf!

Come on now, Bob. Let's not spoil what we have.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

We're good, BBW - but seriously, Bermondsey???????
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

We're good, BBW - but seriously, Bermondsey???????
    I believe the factor that swung it was that Berm-on-Sea has it's very own holiday park with unrivalled access to public transport that can get you to the heart of the city within 5 minutes.

I mean, how could anywhere else compete with that?
  • Options

Ironically BBW I was born in Brockley and had my old man not chosen to settle on Charlton when he was doing Millwall one week and Charlton another as a kid during the 60s, I could very well be one of you......still, 2 wins in my lifetime against you so I’m not complaining
  • Options
    JT said:

Remember when my hometown Hythe was voted the 4th worst place to live in UK. Anyone who has been down those parts, will know that is truly bizarre.

Seaside town, good pubs, hardly any crime.

But but we've got a Waitrose :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I could be wrong, and really hope that I am, but the route you talk of wouldn't take in Erith unless you changed en route.
    Bollocks does it, and you sir are indeed wrong. Erith via Woolwich and Lewisham to and from Charing cross is a regular commuter route, taking in the toolbox and the Bermondsey underpass at the incinerator.
  • Options
    PeteF said:

bellz2002 said:

Suprised Sittingbourne isn't on the list

Or the Isle of Sheppey.
    Nowt wrong with Sheppey..... well certain parts anyway
    The bridge on the way out is always a welcome sight ;)

Elmley nature reserve is actually brilliant
  • Options

Everybody tells me how horrible Stevenage is, but I think it is actually quite nice.

Milton Keynes is nice as well.
  • Options

Bollocks does it, and you sir are indeed wrong. Erith via Woolwich and Lewisham to and from Charing cross is a regular commuter route, taking in the toolbox and the Bermondsey underpass at the incinerator.
    I stand happily corrected but am equally, if not more so, saddened that more people than necessary have the misfortune of having to stop at Erith on their daily commute.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have often thought would like to live in Bristol if we move back to the UK. Loved living in London but think might find the pace of it a little hard to adjust back to.