Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Airline introduces waist size limit

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018
    If you're plummeting toward the ground from 20,000ft in a plane full of hysterical people, an airbag will be of little help in saving your life wherever you're sitting.
  • Options
    Virgin (Upper Class only?) has had these for years. I think (but I'm not sure) that their purpose is to permit passengers to be less than fully upright during take-off and landing.

In fact Virgin have had an issue with an airbag blowing up. dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3494986/Girl-4-left-devastating-injuries-aeroplane-airbag-stored-seat-belt-EXPLODES-face.html
  • Options
    Redskin said:

If you're plummeting toward the ground from 20,000ft in a plane full of hysterical people, an airbag will be of little help in saving your life wherever you're sitting.

That's not what they're designed for, of course.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Redskin said:

Oh. What are they for?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    An old Room 101 last night had Frank telling a tale about a guy was so fat they made him buy 2 seats. Gave him one by the window and one on the aisle!
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Chizz said:

Redskin said:

Oh. What are they for?
    The 90% of plane accidents that are survivable.
  • Options
    Then why can't they put these airbags in 90% of the business class seats?

I have my own built in air bags thank you very much.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Then why can't they put these airbags in 90% of the business class seats?

I have my own built in air bags thank you very much.

They can.