Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nicky Ajose - pg 6, loaned to Mansfield for remainder of season

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2019
    It is a fact that in true Charlton style Ajose will now go on to smash 20 goals for the Stags with 25 assists and pissing the Mansfield Town team player of the year award...
  • Options
    Hope he does.
  • Options

It is a fact that in true Charlton style Ajose will now go on to smash 20 goals for the Stags with 25 assists and pissing the Mansfield Town team player of the year award...

Not likely judging by his two previous loans. Good luck to him though.
    We won’t forget that goal at Portsmouth in a hurry!!

• Options

If Karlan got injured now I would be tempted to play Fosu in a free role and Williams further up the pitch.

If Taylor gets injured then that's a while different question
    We don't have anyone who can be that focal point.

Reeeco! :smile:

• Options
    CafcSCP said:

Not likely judging by his two previous loans. Good luck to him though.
    We won’t forget that goal at Portsmouth in a hurry!!

Terrific run and strike for the winner at Pompey last April also.

And his winner at Pompey a few weeks ago was a pure poacher's goal - the way he anticipated, lost his marker off the ball, made space for himself and the composed finish.

• Options
    Hope he does well - didn't work out for him at Charlton.
  • Options
    I hope he scores 10 plus goals for Mansfield.
  • Options
    I was impressed by Mansfield in the Cup, they tried to play positively and the score in the replay definitely flattered us. Would much rather see them get promoted than the likes of Bury or MKD. Hope it works out for Ajose there - he's got something about him but it's not worked out for us.
  • Options
    David Flitcroft must certainly like him as has previously signed him on loan whilst in charge of both Bury and Swindon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Simply didn't fit Bow or Robinson's tactics.

Not sure how he can truly be at his best, but his manager in the 15/16 season knew and exploited it.

7 assists and 3 goals in all comps this season wouldn't be bad if he were a winger.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Not sure how he can truly be at his best, but his manager in the 15/16 season knew and exploited it.

Spot on, Dazzler.

• Options
    I see Mansfield have a league game against Crawley tonight, let's see how he gets on.
  • Options
    I think he just needs a run of games, then the goals will come. He hasnt had that this season due to the form of Taylor and Grant, so not surprised he wanted out and to play games. Good luck to him. Leaves us so short of options up top though, we can't keep patching Taylor up every other week, grant might run out of steam as this is his 1st full season, igor is igor and RHF is just a boy! We really need to replace ajose with an experienced striker
  • Options
    NA was ill served by the likes of Slade and Gobbinson and he's been unfortunate to find Karlan Grant in unrecognisable form in the first half of this season. We certainly never saw consistent contribution from him in any spell to rival KG's this term. Managers and circumstance are only part of the story; whenever a player under delivers the lion's share of the blame has to rest with himself. I'm sure the Charlton experience has been relentlessly disappointing for NA but it was always in his hands to make himself undroppable. How often did we see him run his guts out and leave every ounce of effort on the pitch? Hopefully the official version that NA & LB are on good terms is true, I doubt LB would be so effusive just for the sake of appearances. The club is now undoubtedly worse off for NA's departure. He was the 3rd best striker in the squad. Igor ain't back for a while and there's been little to suggest he's likely to make a huge impact when/if he is fit to return. Reeco has made cameos but obviously lacks experience. Should one of KT or KG break down, or when KT's next suspension arrives, LB has poorer resources from which to paper over the next striking crack. LB's comment about less transfer activity for a while now is informative. Superficially we could take it at face value. But in the douchebag era we all know what that really means. There ain't gonna be any spending at all; all transfer activity will be cash generating; the overall player budget is ever declining; if any players arrive at all they will at best be cheaper replacements for liquidated assets.
    I'll be astonished if we get to 1 Feb with the same number of bodies, let alone the same available quality.
    Roll up! Roll up! The family silver is all up for grabs and at very attractive prices too.
  • Options
    LT?
  • Options

LT?

Lyle Taylor...

Good luck Nicky, it didn't really work out. I have always thought he would score goals but never really played in the right set up to suit him and has been unlucky with KG form. No hard feelings personally hope he does well
  • Options
    Nicky starts tonight against Crawley.
  • Options
    I was actually gonna watch Mansfield tonight, being it local and curious to see how Ajose gets on. 22 quid for a ticket, 24 on the day, Jesus wept
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LT?

Lyle Taylor...

Good luck Nicky, it didn't really work out. I have always thought he would score goals but never really played in the right set up to suit him and has been unlucky with KG form. No hard feelings personally hope he does well
    Yeah I know who LT is. He is not KT which would be Kyle Taylor.
  • Options

I was actually gonna watch Mansfield tonight, being it local and curious to see how Ajose gets on. 22 quid for a ticket, 24 on the day, Jesus wept

2'
    Attempt saved. Nicky Ajose (Mansfield Town) left footed shot from the left side of the box is saved in the centre of the goal.

Mansfield are my 2nd team now ......................................................................................... joke! :smile:

• Options
    Thought that Ajose never really got over being in the England Schoolboy squad and then a pro-contract at Manchester United. Subsequent career shows him moving from one club to another, often being loaned out and - when seen for us - not looking that bothered in some matches.

That said its a gamble moving him out (again) on loan particularly when we're doing well and he hasn't been playing too badly at present. I suspect Bowyer doesn't get on with him.
  • Options

Thought that Ajose never really got over being in the England Schoolboy squad and then a pro-contract at Manchester United. Subsequent career shows him moving from one club to another, often being loaned out and - when seen for us - not looking that bothered in some matches.

That said its a gamble moving him out (again) on loan particularly when we're doing well and he hasn't been playing too badly at present. I suspect Bowyer doesn't get on with him.

I suspect not many get on with him.
  • Options
    Incredible miss tonight apparently.
  • Options
    Ajose watch:

51'
    Attempt missed. Nicky Ajose (Mansfield Town) right footed shot from outside the box is too high.

53'
    Attempt missed. Nicky Ajose (Mansfield Town) right footed shot from the left side of the six yard box is just a bit too hig
    h.

That's 3 chances he's had tonight, no goal.

• Options

72'
    Substitution, Mansfield Town. Danny Rose replaces Nicky Ajose.

And so ends Ajose's debut for Division 2 Mansfield.

• Options

Scoham said:

If Karlan got injured now I would be tempted to play Fosu in a free role and Williams further up the pitch.

If Taylor gets injured then that's a while different question
    We don't have anyone who can be that focal point.

Agree it's Taylor we need cover for. When Igor's back he gives us another alternative to Grant.
    I've given up on this concept. I've had 'when Igor's back' running through my head from Peeters' run, all through the Luzon days, and then stupidly thinking he'd tear up this league. Now in our 600th year in League One and Igor somehow dislocating his shoulder worse than anyone has ever dislocated anything on a rare start, I don't believe he'll ever do anything other than have a handful of sub appearances and no impact before his contract runs out. We need to get someone in as Taylor and Grant are really all we have up front
    I'm inclined to agree - I think we ideally need two strikers. It's not like Igor was looking particularly sharp or threatening before his arm fell off.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

72'
    Substitution, Mansfield Town. Danny Rose replaces Nicky Ajose.

And so ends Ajose's debut for Division 2 Mansfield.

Mansfield score the winner 16 minutes later

• Options
    From BBC match report.

The hosts should have taken the lead after the break when debutant Nicky Ajose fired a fine chance over the bar.