Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alice Kinsella.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:

Well done Alice, but the Commonwealth Games is the Johnstone Paint Trophy of international athletics.

Well done @Exiled_Addick but offering qualified praise is always likely to mean you attract criticism and questions.

So, bearing in mind that Alice Kinsella has not been able to win an Olympic medal this year, and that the Commonwealth Games is the pinnacle of her sport in 2018, let me ask you a question.

What was your best sporting achievement when you were 17?
    I agree with you but they have the European and World championships this year. Also this country is better than a lot other when it comes to gymnastics, we've,(GB), have won a few in recent years.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Well done Alice, but the Commonwealth Games is the Johnstone Paint Trophy of international athletics.

Well done @Exiled_Addick but offering qualified praise is always likely to mean you attract criticism and questions.

So, bearing in mind that Alice Kinsella has not been able to win an Olympic medal this year, and that the Commonwealth Games is the pinnacle of her sport in 2018, let me ask you a question.

What was your best sporting achievement when you were 17?
    I agree with you but they have the European and World championships this year. Also this country is better than a lot other when it comes to gymnastics, we've,(GB), have won a few in recent years.
    Ridiculous. She's seventeen. She made her debut for GB last year. The 2018 European Championships have not yet been held.

This year she's won a medal in the World Cup and three medals in the Commonwealth Games.

So she's won more Commonwealth Games medals than Daley Thompson, Mo Farah and Jessica Ennis combined. But yeah, at seventeen, she's "only" won a few Commonwealth Games medals. Why bother celebrating that, eh?
  • Options
    Article in ipaper today
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    What has she done ?
    Just grabbed herself a commonwealth gold medal.
    For England!
    Yes for England. I was actually going to make a joke about her dad being disappointed it was not for Ireland but thought better of it
    Especially as Ireland is not in the Commonwealth.
    PSML how thick am I.
    Very. It's PMSL :wink:
    Which makes me question how thick most of the world is, putting PMSL when myself is one word, not two.