Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Help Required

Right, i feel seriously unprivileged as a fan that doesn't know what their first game was because i was so young i have no idea and my dad's memory is like a sieve

so basically, we're looking for a game at Upton Park (or possibly towards the end of the Selhurst period), that a charlton player scored a hat-trick (think it was melrose) that we won 4-something - any takers?

edit: no so sure about the melrose bit, think this may be the fact that my dad can only remember about 3 players names at a time so calls about 6 people the same person :s

Comments

• Options
    the one we scored after about 8 seconds ?
  • Options
    west ham?
  • Options
    haven't got a clue, just know that not too many hat-tricks were banged in in 1990/91, 1991/92 so i'm hoping someone will come up trumps!
  • Options
    I think Melrose only scored one hat-trik for us, v Everton @ Selhurst in the late 80's.
    After that I don't think we had another one at home until someone like Gary Nelson got one, but am thinking that that might've been back at the Valley (v Peterbro?)
  • Options
    didn't Melrose score a hat trick at home to Man City as well, at Selhurst. Think we won 4-0
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]didn't Melrose score a hat trick at home to Man City as well, at Selhurst. Think we won 4-0
    i remember we beat man city 5-0 on a freezing cold sunday at selhurst but can't remember the scorers
  • Options
    just looked up that result and i wasn't born - the mystery goes on... reckon it was a nelson hat-trick on reflection, as off_it suggested!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]didn't Melrose score a hat trick at home to Man City as well, at Selhurst. Think we won 4-0
    i remember we beat man city 5-0 on a freezing cold sunday at selhurst but can't remember the scorers

Colin Walsh scored two that day - definitely, Melrose got one (i think) and George Shipley definitely scored too. Can't remember who got the other one now - Mark Stuart maybe?