Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tariq Fosu is the most influential person since...Gandhi ??

2»

Comments

• http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/16684999.suspended-michael-kightly-and-mark-oxley-to-miss-southend-uniteds-checkatrade-trophy-clash-with-cambridge-united/

Powell puzzled by this ruling as well.

It sends out the message that if you get one of your crap players to kick him, they both go off! Well it does if it happens again!

Kightly was their captain, and Oxley their main keeper, so both were key members of their squad
    Think this is the worst bit of it...

But they’re saying it doesn’t count because if it happened to a Premier League team they could use the game as one of the three games.

So if some Reserves kid gets sent off in a pointless Reserves game, the CheckaTrade trophy counts in the suspension, for a Football League team it doesnt!!

Nice to see the Football League have their priorities in the right order and right up the arse of the Premier League!!
    Farcical. As the EFL clubs are meant to be treating this as a first team game, surely the rules should then be different for us than the the PL academy team? Not hard to do
  • Still get the feeling that the current format is gearing up to the inclusion of Premier League Reserve sides into the Football League

The more crazy it gets the less patience EFL clubs will have and will snap meaning that an excuse will open for the B Teams to be added and because the EFL Teams would have walked away from this stupid trophy they wont be given the chance to say no to B Teams as part of their "punishment"
  • Still get the feeling that the current format is gearing up to the inclusion of Premier League Reserve sides into the Football League

The more crazy it gets the less patience EFL clubs will have and will snap meaning that an excuse will open for the B Teams to be added and because the EFL Teams would have walked away from this stupid trophy they wont be given the chance to say no to B Teams as part of their "punishment"

Couldn’t possibly work though could it.

Liverpool “Reserves” for example win league two, one and championship but can’t get promoted to the Premier League. If the intention is to fill the Championship with PL reserve teams because that’s ultimately where they would end up then I would forget about football altogether.

• edited September 2018
    Cant even spell his name properly and its only 4 letters
  • Cant even spell his name properly and its only 4 letters

Wouldnt be the first player who's had his name spelt wrong by Charlton fans though
  • WSSWSS
    edited September 2018

Still get the feeling that the current format is gearing up to the inclusion of Premier League Reserve sides into the Football League

Liverpool “Reserves” for example win league two, one and championship but can’t get promoted to the Premier League. If the intention is to fill the Championship with PL reserve teams because that’s ultimately where they would end up then I would forget about football altogether.
    Happens in Spain...
    Reserve teams in Spain play in the same league system as their senior team rather than a separate league. Reserve teams, however, cannot play in the same division as their senior team. Therefore, Real Madrid B are ineligible for promotion to the Primera División. Reserve teams are also no longer permitted to enter the Copa del Rey. In addition, only under-23 players, or under-25 players with a professional contract, can switch between senior and reserve teams.
  • edited September 2018

Still get the feeling that the current format is gearing up to the inclusion of Premier League Reserve sides into the Football League

Doesnt matter if it works or not... Provided it gets the big clubs more money and more players then thats all that matters

Only good thing is the fact that Premier League U21 sides do seem to struggle in the Football League Trophy so there is no guarantee that they'd fill the Championship. Yet at the same time it would be interesting to see as there are a few clubs in the Football League who heavily rely on the loan market each summer, take that away from them (Because the Premier League sides wont need to loan players out) and you'd probably see a few clubs struggling as they dont have a history of being able to bring players through themselves... Huddersfield is certainly one I can think of in recent times

Tell me about it. I’d rather start with Ventokele anyway.
    Him, Piggott and Harriotts are much better too I think ;)
  • Sponsored links:

Tell me about it. I’d rather start with Ventokele anyway.
    Him, Piggott and Harriotts are much better too I think ;)
    Konza and McGinnis/MacGuinness
  • good all rounder .. the heads butt god .. alternative career as a cage fighter .. nah, he's too nice
  • Pierce and Paige.
  • edited September 2018
  • edited September 2018
    Calmed down abit now, ashamed he is a Charlton fan
  • So you're sayin

Yeah i'd like to see our record with and without him

So he's our Zaha...
  • Please please tell me someone on here knows the cu*t
    Anyone wondering why I am fuming at the cu*t and desperate to find him this is why, I questioned him on why he thinks Fosu is rubbish and explained are win percentage was higher with him and this was the cu*ts reply.

He's a Twitter troll don't let it get to you Paulie. Also, your kid is adorable.
  • SDAddick said:

Please please tell me someone on here knows the cu*t
    Anyone wondering why I am fuming at the cu*t and desperate to find him this is why, I questioned him on why he thinks Fosu is rubbish and explained are win percentage was higher with him and this was the cu*ts reply.

He's a Twitter troll don't let it get to you Paulie. Also, your kid is adorable.
    Thanks @SDAddick she is extremly cute even if I am bias
  • I think this "reserve side" / B-team thing IS going to happen in the next few years. The power clubs in football don't give a crap about any club or league below them and smaller clubs just seem to lack the balls to stand up to them. What happened to Orient is going to happen to more and more small clubs, I believe.
  • Please please tell me someone on here knows the cu*t

Fuck him Paulie, he's a sad prick. Best to just ignore him
  • Sponsored links:

• Don’t rise to it Paulie mate. Just know that you’ll never stoop as low as to bring someone else’s kid into it and so you are the better person.