Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cult of the (so called) celebrity

what is it with people (mostly women) who seem to hero worship such losers as Katie Price, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Sadie Frost, Kate Moss etc?

Is it a lack of their own worth?

get a grip and stop lining the pockets of these imbeciles so the rest of us dont have to put up with this shiite.

Comments

• Options
    Comment of the day!!!
  • Options
    is it people who worship them, or pathetic showbiz scribes, editors and photographers who can fill a few pages just by snapping them out on the last (daily) ?
  • Options
    well plenty of people seem to be buying their books/magazines/clothes/perfumes/etc. etc. so I dont think it is just sections of the media.
  • Options
    It's both - and the rest of the media is scared of losing "young readers/viewers" so jumps on the bandwagon.
  • Options
    cause and effect - a bit of both - i dunno, but look at these free paper rags being shoved at us every evening (and morning) - it's absolutely full of this shite!

maybe people are just so fed up with payin through the nose for plastic/expensive/souless: bars, football, public transport and live music that it's easier to live out their lives on what these morons do.

hmmmm deep man eh?!

where's those happy pills lol :-p
  • Options
    Best post of the day for sure mr dowman. nice work
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited June 2007
    Couldn't the same be said of following footballers? We still buy tickets/buy papers for footy news/kits/etc irrespective of how much entertainment/value we get.

A lot of people have got it good in this country and I guess a majority would rather read/get interested in inoffensive twaddle than absorb the wars/terrorism/crime/bad stuff that goes on daily. All the guff that is in the papers helps with the "head in the sand" ethos - guilty of it meself.
  • Options
    indeed. love a bit of peter and katie on thursday night on living :-)

easy to watch, a bit of a laugh, and a bit of light relief after work

last night i watched big brother and then went to bed and there was a doc on bobby kennedy and then a jfk documentary followed, i think on bbc3, i ended up awake till 2 thinking about it all and what it was like etc etc

whereas watching silly telly as i call it, i have no probs in sleeping as my mind has wound down.