Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PFA teams of the year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43810017

Can't argue with the PL one. The League One team not surprisingly contains no Charlton players...4 each from Blackburn and Wigan, plus the Shrewsbury keeper

Henderson
Byrne
Mulgrew
Burn
Bell
Dack
Oxtumer
Powell
Graham
Marriott
Grigg

Leon Clarke is in the Championship team of the year!

Comments

• 2 years in a row for Erhan.
  • seth plum said:

2 years in a row for Erhan.

Not a surprise...........he's always on the shortlist !! tish boom.

I'll get me coat.
  • It will be interesting to see where Oztumer goes in the summer. You'd need the right sort of system to utilise his talents
  • Shrewsbury goalie lol.
  • Shrewsbury goalie lol.

I wonder if Josh voted for him!
  • Oztumer a must buy in the summer.
  • Impressive from Oztumer to make the squad considering where Walsall are in the League

Need to make every effort to sign him in the summer

Oztumer a must buy in the summer.

Maybe, he’s a good player. On the other hand it’s often been said we have too many small technical players and not enough physical reliable players. He’d add to that rather than strengthen one of our main weaknesses.
  • Scoham said:

Impressive from Oztumer to make the squad considering where Walsall are in the League

Maybe, he’s a good player. On the other hand it’s often been said we have too many small technical players and not enough physical reliable players. He’d add to that rather than strengthen one of our main weaknesses.
    We also need the creative aspect though, someone who can unlock a defence with a pass

Thats another reason why we failed to beat Wimbledon and Scunthorpe
  • Shrewsbury goalie lol.

He's quality, despite an error that led to a Magennis goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Criminal that Pitman isn't in that team, would agree with the rest
  • wmcf123 said:

Shrewsbury goalie lol.

He's quality, despite an error that led to a Magennis goal
    Yeah he's good, and seemingly well regarded at Manchester United. He did also have a howler in his one game in the U20 World Cup though.
  • edited April 2018

Scoham said:

Impressive from Oztumer to make the squad considering where Walsall are in the League

We also need the creative aspect though, someone who can unlock a defence with a pass

I absolutely agree, although I think getting the right system and movement in front of them both Reeves and JFC can potentially be that player. But my question is, is Otzumer that player? From what I've seen of him and remember he's looked a hit more busy, a bit of a Billy Clarke type but with a decent goals output. A player who uses his movement and tactical awareness to create space. That's not to say he's not worth going after, in fact I think we could really use that player in a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3. I'm just wondering if I'm misremebering him or if I haven't seen enough of him.
  • Scoham said:

That’s what players such as Reeves are meant to be offering (and he has recently). Could argue the lack of physical players means we have less options to go more direct, score goals from set pieces in tight games etc.

It was Yann that turned us from a play-off side to a title winning one. A good box to box midfielder and target man could make a huge difference to this team.