Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Fleetwood's owner clearly looking to add some bite to his 'nicest owner in football' image
  • edited April 2018
    Tried to check there forum to see what they thought but I cant find a Fleetwood forum
  • John Sheridan is the League One / League Two version of Sam Allardyce isnt he

Joins a club, saves them from relegation... moves on to the next club in danger!!
  • Tried to check there forum to see what they thought but I cant find a Fleetwood forum

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net
  • Interesting

I can see Barton either being a great success or a disaster. He can be very interesting when he talks about football, but can also be "problematic"
  • Imagine there were similar raised eyebrows when Bowyer got the job but he's done ok hasn't he?
  • Imagine there were similar raised eyebrows when Bowyer got the job but he's done ok hasn't he?

Difference is Bowyer has been Assistant all season.

Barton is still serving his 13 month ban from Football
  • I was surprised at how little a reaction there was to Bowyer’s appointment but Barton and Bowyer aren’t even in the same league.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018
    Well you could say the same for even getting the assistant job in the first place - my point being you can't necessarily judge how a former player will be as a coach/manager based off external issues outside the game.

Edit - also having issues/dodginess outside the game hasn't stopped the likes of big Sam getting a premiership job has it so should we really be all that surprised!
  • edited April 2018

Tried to check there forum to see what they thought but I cant find a Fleetwood forum

Dont spose that feel they need one with the amount of Fleetwood posts on Charlton Life
  • Joey Barton, must have the record number of threads, lets have more Dick
  • Joey Barton is proper baggy

Difference is Bowyer has been Assistant all season.

Barton is still serving his 13 month ban from Football
    I wonder what odds he got for being the next Fleetwood manager?
  • I’m fairly sure he went there for a few months on trial a few seasons ago. I believe he knows somebody there was just helping out.

Didn’t realise he was a West Brom fan

100% this
  • Get the cigars out.
  • Sol Campbell must be fuming

Thought exactly the same thing when i heard the news.

Whilst i completely get that Sol Campbell is a dickhead and his self-righteousness will rule him out of a lot of jobs, i can't for the life of me work out why anyone would think Barton would be a decent managerial appointment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sol Campbell must be fuming

Thought exactly the same thing when i heard the news.

Whilst i completely get that Sol Campbell is a dickhead and his self-righteousness will rule him out of a lot of jobs, i can't for the life of me work out why anyone would think Barton would be a decent managerial appointment.
    I work with a Fleetwood fan. Proper fan follows them home and away. He was fuming yesterday when we found out. Everyone was taking the piss.
  • Seems to be doing a good job with Fleetwood in 10th.

Lost at Southend today but that was a very important result for SCP.