Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale Winton RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    WSS said:

That’s a shocker. Didn’t think he was that old either.

RIP.

It's not that old. Says another 62yo.

Sad - he was quite entertaining.
  • Options
    Bit of a shock.

RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Dale
  • Options
    RIP

Seemed a genuinely nice man and always willing to send himself up once he became famous.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Very sad. Seemed a lovely guy.
  • Options
    At last - an rip i know, Rip orange dale
  • Options
    RIP Dale, 62 no age whatsoever. He was a marmite type celeb in my opinion, I for one enjoyed some of his shows, especially the 'In it to win it' game show on the lottery show Saturday nights. An inoffensive person who also used to use the occasional double-entendre. (sp)
  • Options
    Sad news.

Had no idea he was as old as 62, would've said early 50s

RIP.
  • Options
    One of the personalities that you think bet he is a good laugh. Star of dodgy game shows, especially the one in his cameo in Trainspotting.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh that is very sad, always came across as such a nice guy. RIP Dale.
  • Options
    RIP Dale Winton
  • Options
    Another shocker. Far too young, what is happening? Seemed a nice guy, R.I.P. Dale.
  • Options
    Real shocker this one. Always very entertaining and never seemed to take himself too seriously.
  • Options
    I know some people who were contestants on Supermarket Sweep back in the day and they were effusive in saying just what a nice chap Dale Winton was and how he went out of his way to put them at their ease.

RIP Dale
  • Options
    I heard Steve Allen on L.B.C this morning 4am to 7am, was one of Dale,s best friends.A very moving tribute he was in tears. He knew Dale since he was 18. Worth a listen on L.B.C catch up.
  • Options
    As someone else mentioned - made a career out of being nice. Nothing wrong with that. RIP.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

PaddyP17 said:

RIP. One of the few openly gay celebrities at the time - certainly that I was really aware of. Used to love Supermarket Sweep as a kid.

He only came out in 2002, before then he was just himself and he only came out because he was asked about his sexuality
    Tbf I was eight at the time he came out - statement probably still rings true for myself and those around my age.
  • Options
    sausages Dale!
  • Options
    Bring on the Wall!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1StevieG said:

Bring on the Wall!!

We'll never beat em.