Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Memories of Jacko

2»

Comments

• Options

The year after the goal against QPR, we played them again, and we're 2-0 down...

Jacko, who started on the bench, got the call, just as we'd got a corner. As he came on I shouted, "Go on, Jacko, get on the end if it!" He duly did, scoring with his first touch.

Cue me, disappearing under half an ecstatic East Stand...

Later on he supplied the cross for Cousins to equalise with a diving header.

Legend.

Think you're getting confused with the Fulham game
    You're right. Wrong West End club!
  • Options
    Memories of Jacko?

His winning penalty next month as we win the playoffs at Wembley
  • Options
    Bumped into him at my golf club a couple of years ago (he was on the wrong fairway!). He took a few minutes out to answer my questions about the current ownership. He was very honest which I appreciated and it was more like talking with another fan which he clearly is.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

HarryLime said:

Sitting though that power point presentation of Meire.
    The man is made of iron.

I was sat up the front that night. I tried to avoid any kind of eye contact. The poor bastard!

Ill never forget the QPR game because I was in hospital and back in my room 2 hours after surgery. We fired up the laptop to listen to Charlton live. I made such an odd sounding yelling noise when he scored that I think almost burst my stitches. A lot of pain after.

It seems callous giving you a Like for that story.
  • Options

The year after the goal against QPR, we played them again, and we're 2-0 down...

Jacko, who started on the bench, got the call, just as we'd got a corner. As he came on I shouted, "Go on, Jacko, get on the end if it!" He duly did, scoring with his first touch.

Cue me, disappearing under half an ecstatic East Stand...

Later on he supplied the cross for Cousins to equalise with a diving header.

Legend.

Think you're getting confused with the Fulham game
    My other Jacko memory of that game was the SKY interview with him and Jamie O'Hara afterwards.

O'Hara had bossed that game and rightfully said that Fulham deserved to win, until "this bloke came on" (gesturing to Jacko)

Even the opposition know how key he is
  • Options
  • Options
    Not in today's squad, so only last two games to go for him to get his 500