Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tickets for toddlers

Looking for some help and advice.

Wife's away at weekend leaving me to parent/babysit. Am thinking of bringing my 2 year old to her first game.

Just need to know if I will need to buy a ticket for her? I have a season ticket and don't need one but not sure if I'll need to get one for her.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    Get it online. It's free.
  • Options
    I took my son when he was 3 and it was a bit loud for him when we scored (even in west lower) Consider taking ear defenders?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Get it online. It's free.

All I can see is an underr 11 ticket for £5.
  • Options

In the nicest possible way I really wouldn't do it

Agree, you’ll spend most of the match looking after her and won’t see hardly any of it. Plus she’ll probably get fed up after 20 minutes and continually ask when it’s time to go home.

Take plenty of sweets and toys/things to do if you do take her.

• Options
    Thank f@ck thought elfs was coming to a game for a minute
  • Options

In the nicest possible way I really wouldn't do it

Another one saying I wouldn't. Took my 3 when they were all around 4/5 years of age and they spent most of their time under the seat/wanting to go to the loo*/wanting something to eat/wanting to run around. At age 2 I expect it to be a lot worse & the noise (if either team score) could be quite frightening.

* missed Zheng Zhi scoring because of this. Never forgiven the blighter (my son, not Zheng Zhi)
  • Options
    2yo way to young for a football match.
  • Options
    I wonder if young Daniel neglected to mention that as he's been left "holding the baby" (do you see what I did there, I used words to literally describe what is going to happen on Saturday) he either has to take the baby with him or not go at all and waste a game on his Roly-funding season ticket........tawhit-tawhoo, what's young Daniel to do?

PS - 2 is too young, it'll be a massive arseache, plus we'll lose anyway, take her swimming or crazy barn instead :sunglasses:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

I wonder if young Daniel neglected to mention that as he's been left "holding the baby" (do you see what I did there, I used words to literally describe what is going to happen on Saturday) he either has to take the baby with him or not go at all and waste a game on his Roly-funding season ticket........tawhit-tawhoo, what's young Daniel to do?

PS - 2 is too young, it'll be a massive arseache, plus we'll lose anyway, take her swimming or crazy barn instead :sunglasses:

Or tell the wife shes going nowhere saturday
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Fumbluff said:

Or tell the wife shes going nowhere saturday
    Yes re the last bit. School boy error letting her go off on the last home game of the season. She has 3 months before the new season starts.
  • Options
    Out of interest Dan, what do you think is in it for your daughter?

I'd recommend you take her to the beach, the zoo, the park or somewhere else that a 2 year old girl might appreciate.
  • Options
    I would look at it this way - if we make the playoffs there will be another home game and maybe a Wembley trip to enjoy without a toddler in tow. If we don't make the playoffs then you won't care that you missed the Blackburn game.
  • Options

I would look at it this way - if we make the playoffs there will be another home game and maybe a Wembley trip to enjoy without a toddler in tow. If we don't make the playoffs then you won't care that you missed the Blackburn game.

I've gotta miss this Saturday's game for a similar reason and that's exactly my thinking - my older 2 come anyway, no chance I'm taking the younger 2 along at all.