Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gislason apparently still at charlton

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
from official site:

Another international Addick was also on target 24 hours earlier as Rurik Gislason concluded a rollercoaster European U19 Championship qualifying campaign in Norway.

Sent off in an opening pool defeat against Spain and suspended for a 4-3 defeat against the hosting nation, the young Icelander returned for the last group game against Azerbaijan on Monday.

And he struck twice in the second half in a 5-2 win that saw his side finish second behind Spain in the qualifying pool

Comments

• Options
    and according to the site over the last few days so are Kak and Kish to name but two.
  • Options
    contracts run to 01/07 - so officially players are still registered to us, even if they have been released or want to go.
  • Options
    I just wish the club would tell us who is off and who is not im sure PArds and the board have made there decisions already.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]I just wish the club would tell us who is off and who is not im sure PArds and the board have made there decisions already.

Sure we'd all like that but remember that some players may not want the fact that they have or haven't been offered a contract splashed around. Some may be considering offers from us or other clubs. How would you like it if your employer told the world you are surplus to requirements.

The club may think that it is better for them as well, for a variety of reasons, not to annouce everything yet when we are still active in the transfer market

For example, we may not have offered player X a new contract as we are hoping to sign player z from Northern Monkeys FC who plays in the same position. If the deal for player z falls thru' we can still go back and offer player X a contract, maybe on a lower wage than before, without either side publically losing face.

There may also be some other contractual and legal reason. I don't know if these are the reasons, I'm just speculating, but all the contracts expire on 1 July so expect a lot of deals that are already "done" to be announced then. Signing a player now could mean you have to pay them another months money.

Other than Sheff Utd and Palace I haven't noticed many clubs annoucing their released lists either

As it is we are in the first week in June and we have 5 new players already. Richard Murray said Pards is HOPING for 8 to 10. still plenty of time and we have been as active if not more than most clubs in the CCC.
  • Options
    So who we signing from Northern Monkeys then Henry?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]So who we signing from Northern Monkeys then Henry?

A relation of ZZ by the sounds of it....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]So who we signing from Northern Monkeys then Henry?

LOL I told you - Player Z ;-)