Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Windrush scandal

1235»

Comments

• Options

They should’ve put greater safe guards in to ensure that this didn’t happen and they never that is obvious

The policy it’s self was the right thing to do it should be a hostile environment for those illegally here to remain

But can you see that creating a "hostile environment" for illegal immigrants risks creating a hostile environment for people who aren't illegal immigrants?
  • Options
    No I can not , the problem with the implementation of the policy does not mean the policy is wrong the diligence behind the implementation was the problem.

• Options

No I can not , the problem with the implementation of the policy does not mean the policy is wrong the diligence behind the implementation was the problem.

So who's accountable for the failure, the Home Secretary or the Prime Minister?
  • Options
    Numerous people are accountable for it , the decision to destroy boarding cards the policy no doubt was put before others to gain the finer details

The fact We became a place where it was too easy to hide pre this decision

So many people are tarnished and dirty handed within this mess

I am sure that when this was proposed there were MPs that were against it they also should have looked into whe possible outcomes of it and been putting out the issues that will arise from it pre implementation

The fact that it has taken a journalist to highlight the plight and raise it as an issue shows complete breakdown cross parties to do the due dillegence I expect to take place before something is implemented

If people willingly stood by and kept this information back or knew that this would make a great weapon to fire back at people in years to come over the rights and feelings of its citizens they are meant to be serving then they are the most accountable

Playing politics with peoples lives all parties to gain a % increase in an opinion poll
  • Options

Numerous people are accountable for it , the decision to destroy boarding cards the policy no doubt was put before others to gain the finer details

The fact We became a place where it was too easy to hide pre this decision

So many people are tarnished and dirty handed within this mess

I am sure that when this was proposed there were MPs that were against it they also should have looked into whe possible outcomes of it and been putting out the issues that will arise from it pre implementation

The fact that it has taken a journalist to highlight the plight and raise it as an issue shows complete breakdown cross parties to do the due dillegence I expect to take place before something is implemented

If people willingly stood by and kept this information back or knew that this would make a great weapon to fire back at people in years to come over the rights and feelings of its citizens they are meant to be serving then they are the most accountable

Playing politics with peoples lives all parties to gain a % increase in an opinion poll

But you don't think the one person responsible (ie Theresa May) should be held accountable?
  • Options
    No I don’t like I said already

Do you think that May sat down behind a desk and thought the whole change through on her own or was it a policy bought through with multiple layers of involvement

Then once drafted was it not for all to lose and and pointvour the failings before implementation

I blame those that chose to play politics knowing that people will suffer

Now if you showed me proof that she was made aware pre implementation of the issue and that she then said I don’t care implement this policy then yes she is wholesale responsible and accountable

I don’t believe this to be the case

Same as if I am being honest I don’t believe it was done with racism as it’s motive

The same I don’t believe that corbyn is racist to Jews

• Options

Now if you showed me proof that she was made aware pre implementation of the issue and that she then said I don’t care implement this policy then yes she is wholesale responsible and accountable.

• Options
    Chizz said:

Now if you showed me proof that she was made aware pre implementation of the issue and that she then said I don’t care implement this policy then yes she is wholesale responsible and accountable.

Also...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/theresa-may-ignored-home-office-warnings-migrant-policies-hostile-environment-windrush-immigrant-a8312996.html
  • Options
    But when you read those links they are the exact reason we needed to tighten the rules
    It needed to be harder for people that arrive in the uk to have access to the things in the paper

home secretary, an internal impact assessment found that plans to demand immigration documents from tenants could make it harder for foreign nationals to find homes, and provoke discrimination.

In a second warning in 2015, while Ms May was still the home secretary, her department assessed how the new Immigration Bill could deny migrants housing and driving licences or see their bank accounts frozen.

The paper doesn’t mention anywhere that may was told those of the windrush generation will suffer the way they have

That paper piece backs up what I have said no one done the diligence required
  • Options

But when you read those links they are the exact reason we needed to tighten the rules
    It needed to be harder for people that arrive in the uk to have access to the things in the paper

home secretary, an internal impact assessment found that plans to demand immigration documents from tenants could make it harder for foreign nationals to find homes, and provoke discrimination.

In a second warning in 2015, while Ms May was still the home secretary, her department assessed how the new Immigration Bill could deny migrants housing and driving licences or see their bank accounts frozen.

The paper doesn’t mention anywhere that may was told those of the windrush generation will suffer the way they have

That paper piece backs up what I have said no one done the diligence required

I don't think you and I can ever agree on the issue, partly because you've asked for proof that May was at fault, I've provided it and you seem to think it proves the opposite.

However, it's good to disagree with someone who doesn't see the need to insult or berate. So, I appreciate that.

I won't carry on, as the thread has been sunk and no-one has set out what I would see as a good reason why the Prime Minister shouldn't resign. But, as I say, thanks for setting out your views with more sensitivity than most people!

Cheers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    The Independent says -

“Some non-UK born older people may have additional difficulties in providing original documentation.”

“Some may have had their immigration records destroyed. "

"Some will have originally come into the country under old legislation but may have difficulty in evidencing this.”

So how many is some may ? It could be as little as 0 or 3 or as many as thousands.

I think for May to be accountable, it would have needed to be more specific.

If she had ignored a warning that the "Windrush folk will all be caught up in this mess and thousands of lives will be adversely affected", then I think it would be a different matter, but no such warning appears to have been given.

It doesn't even say they have had their immigration records destroyed.

It says they MAY have had their immigration records destroyed.

No evidence of guilt here and Chizz is normally the first to be asking for evidence (when it suits).

How many people are caught up in this ?
  • Options

The Independent says -

“Some non-UK born older people may have additional difficulties in providing original documentation.”

“Some may have had their immigration records destroyed. "

"Some will have originally come into the country under old legislation but may have difficulty in evidencing this.”

So how many is some may ? It could be as little as 0 or 3 or as many as thousands.

I think for May to be accountable, it would have needed to be more specific.

If she had ignored a warning that the "Windrush folk will all be caught up in this mess and thousands of lives will be adversely affected", then I think it would be a different matter, but no such warning appears to have been given.

It doesn't even say they have had their immigration records destroyed.

It says they MAY have had their immigration records destroyed.

No evidence of guilt here and Chizz is normally the first to be asking for evidence (when it suits).

How many people are caught up in this ?

Theresa May is responsible. She should also be accountable. It doesn't really matter how many people's lives have been ruined, one is too many.
  • Options
    no worries Chizz I think It’s been a worthy discussion
  • Options
    Finally