Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Miguel Llera

edited April 2018 in General Charlton
See our former centre half Miguel Llera (academy coach at Chesterfield who were relegated last night) will be assisting the new caretaker manager for the final games of the season - first time the Spireites have dropped out of the Football League since 1921.

Comments

• Options
    I live in Chesterfield and they have an owner who is (almost) as bad as ours. He decimated a side that made the Div one playoffs. He was the former owner of Sheff Wed and was hated there. He is, allegedly, trying to sell the club - but wants to keep hold of the ground and corporate facilities.
    I fear it is going to be a long hard road back for the Spirites.
  • Options
    Does he still wear his hat?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

It’s like one of those random coaching appointments years into an FM save that you think would never happen.

Like Lee Bowyer you mean?
  • Options
    Thought we’d re-signed him there for a minute
  • Options

Scoham said:

It’s like one of those random coaching appointments years into an FM save that you think would never happen.

Like Lee Bowyer you mean?
    Exactly. I always used to find it funny seeing Hasselbaink become a manager...
  • Options
    I liked Big Mig. Was prone to a nightmare but had some skill about him and could hit a pass. I wish him well.
  • Options
    Llera. Not Liera.
  • Options
    Saw him play the worst game I have ever seen a Charlton player have.
    Away to Colchester.
    Anyone who was there will concur I'm sure....it was truly amazing. He was heavily involved and certainly not hiding but it would have been way way better had he been!
    He was subbed eventually, putting him and a few hundred Addicks out of their collective agony.
    On the other hand he was a very nice individual and popular into the bargain.
    I wish him well.
  • Options
    I was at the Colchester game, will never forget how bad he was that night. That said Amady Faye in the Wycombe cup game was 10x worse.

All went wrong for Chesterfield at the time they bought in Ched Evans...although am sure the events are not linked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Away to Colchester.
    Anyone who was there will concur I'm sure....it was truly amazing. He was heavily involved and certainly not hiding but it would have been way way better had he been!
    He was subbed eventually, putting him and a few hundred Addicks out of their collective agony.
    I wish him well.

Yep. Remember it well. The worst performance I think I've ever seen first-hand by a professional footballer - and when you think I've seen Amdy Faye play several full games, that's saying something. I don't think he did anything right all game. He was already having a mare before a belter of an OG and was directly responsible for their other two goals. He made numerous other rickets that coukd have led to further punishment, and by the time he was taken off, he looked like he'd never played football in his life before
  • Options

Away to Colchester.
    I wish him well.

Yep. Remember it well. The worst performance I think I've ever seen first-hand by a professional footballer - and when you think I've seen Amdy Faye play several full games, that's saying something. I don't think he did anything right all game. He was already having a mare before a belter of an OG and was directly responsible for their other two goals. He made numerous other rickets that coukd have led to further punishment, and by the time he was taken off, he looked like he'd never played football in his life before
    He was pretty dire in the 4-0 away defeat to Millwall.
  • Options
    Scored one of them goals at the Valley that made me go wow and there are not too many of them.Can see the goal clearly but couldn’t remember the game until iaitch mentioned it above
  • Options

Scored one of them goals at the Valley that made me go wow and there are not too many of them.Can see the goal clearly but couldn’t remember the game until iaitch mentioned it above

That game was incredible - great reaction when he got the equalizer.

Met Mig a few times and he's a lovely guy. He did look incredibly slow at times as a footballer though along with Dailly and Doherty.
  • Options

I live in Chesterfield and they have an owner who is (almost) as bad as ours. He decimated a side that made the Div one playoffs. He was the former owner of Sheff Wed and was hated there. He is, allegedly, trying to sell the club - but wants to keep hold of the ground and corporate facilities.
    I fear it is going to be a long hard road back for the Spirites.

Separating ownership of club and ground should be against FA/FL rules save for very certain circumstances.