Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nandos

Comments

• Options

a lot of kfc are franchise aswell similarly we used to do contract works for rentokil and many of there sites were kfc ones absolutely grim in fact a lot of fast food places if you could see the kitchen you probably wouldn't want to eat in Chinese are by far the worse, grease up to 2 inches thick on surfaces.

It's probably best not to go inside the kitchen of a lot of places - food hygiene can be appalling.
    that was what i stated, i think most would be appalled although it is worth noting that just because a place has a 1 out of 5 hygiene rating it doesn't necessarily mean that the place is awful just its failed some points, sink not being close enough to prep area, lack of fire extinguishers etc.

back on thread, double chicken in pitta no salad, garlic bread and peri salted chips hot.
  • Options

Last time I went to Nandos was when I was doing a shoot for Little Mix about 5 years ago. Basically the catering arrived and two of the girls threw a strop saying they didnt like the food and were 'downing tools' so to speak - refusing to do anything else until the situation improved.

I had a load of cameramen on a day rate looking perplexed and realised I needed to act fast.

I sat down calmly and asked them what would get them working again before my client sacks our agency.

Jessie looks at me and screams - "I want Nandos Damo. Now!" Nearest Nandos was a 20 min drive away, so went all the way there picked up the order, and drove back.

Order was cold. Girls downed tools again.

Client on the verge of going nuts. Rang restaurant and said I had a situation. Restaurant said give us 30 mins.

Then get a call from Nandos head office saying we will come to the shoot with a 'pop up' restaurant. And cater for the whole crew if the girls mention us in the press etc as their place to go.

http://www.celebsnow.co.uk/celebrity-news/little-mix-s-perrie-edwards-i-m-addicted-to-nando-s-it-never-lets-you-down-10441

Nandos were delighted with the above, and I got a card giving me free Nandos unlimited for a year.

Ergo - I am now sick to the back teeth of it.

As celebrity stories go this is crushingly depressing - having to work with Little Mix!
  • Options

Last time I went to Nandos was when I was doing a shoot for Little Mix about 5 years ago. Basically the catering arrived and two of the girls threw a strop saying they didnt like the food and were 'downing tools' so to speak - refusing to do anything else until the situation improved.

I had a load of cameramen on a day rate looking perplexed and realised I needed to act fast.

I sat down calmly and asked them what would get them working again before my client sacks our agency.

Jessie looks at me and screams - "I want Nandos Damo. Now!" Nearest Nandos was a 20 min drive away, so went all the way there picked up the order, and drove back.

Client on the verge of going nuts. Rang restaurant and said I had a situation. Restaurant said give us 30 mins.

Then get a call from Nandos head office saying we will come to the shoot with a 'pop up' restaurant. And cater for the whole crew if the girls mention us in the press etc as their place to go.

http://www.celebsnow.co.uk/celebrity-news/little-mix-s-perrie-edwards-i-m-addicted-to-nando-s-it-never-lets-you-down-10441

Nandos were delighted with the above, and I got a card giving me free Nandos unlimited for a year.

As celebrity stories go this is crushingly depressing - having to work with Little Mix!
    Combine that with Nandos and it doesnt get any more glamorous
  • Options

Combine that with Nandos and it doesnt get any more glamorous
    Did any of them support Charlton?
  • Options

I went to the Sevenoaks branch last night my first time to a Nandos. It is the first time I have experienced main courses being bought out when we were halfway through our starters. I went for the extra extra hot peri peri sauce on my chicken, hot wings from KFC are spicier. The chicken was also dry, the coleslaw utterly insipid. In short is this a normal Nandos experience? To me it was an over rated and expensive harvester. I really don't get all the fuss about it - am I wrong? I paid basically treble what I would have paid at KFC for food which isn't as nice!

Infuriatingly, every time you go to Nando's they ask you 'have you been to Nando's before?' which is insane because of course I have, I'm from Earth. Today I learned that you are the reason I still get asked that question. I will never forgive you.
    And after last night I guarantee no one will ever ask me that question again!!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Shit kfc with cutlery, im also pretty chuffed to have made it to 35 and never stepped foot in one.

how do you know it's shit then?

I love it, rarely eat in there but it's quick and easy and I've never had a bad meal.
    Its chicken and chips with lots of hype... I appologise for called the sacred takeaway shit.

Its still full of 'cheaky' top knot, huarache wearing knobheads though
    Except it's not. You can have mash, wedges, vegetables, halloumi, rice, pitta bread etc with your chicken. Not saying that instantly makes it amazing, but just shows those that think it's just chicken and chips don't actually go.
  • Options

I get my Piri Piri fix delivered from
    Mindo in New Eltham.

I much prefer it to Nando and way cheaper.

The extra hot is proper n’all......proper nose running stuff.

mindo's kebab shop?
    Doh......not Mindo’s at all.

I meant Grillo’s on Bromley Road.
    I was going to say I didn't know they did chicken, also, a large Adana kebab is what you should be ordering from Mindo's
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Shit kfc with cutlery, im also pretty chuffed to have made it to 35 and never stepped foot in one.

I love it, rarely eat in there but it's quick and easy and I've never had a bad meal.
    Its chicken and chips with lots of hype... I appologise for called the sacred takeaway shit.

Except it's not. You can have mash, wedges, vegetables, halloumi, rice, pitta bread etc. Not saying that instantly makes it amazing, but just shows those that think it's just chicken and chips don't actually go.
    Controversial!
  • Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Except it's not. You can have mash, wedges, vegetables, halloumi, rice, pitta bread etc with your chicken. Not saying that instantly makes it amazing, but just shows those that think it's just chicken and chips don't actually go.
    Not hype ?

Lets be clear, this is adults defending a chicken shops honour right ?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Not hype ?

I barely go to Nando's, but do enjoy it when I do. I don't really care what you do think of it and all I have tried to point out on this thread are two rather factual points. That:
    a) it is completely different to KFC
    b) It is not just chicken and chips
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Not hype ?

No the point is it does more than chicken and chips which is what you implied? You do seem to have a big issue with Nandos.
  • Options

All that for Little Mix - FFS, they ain't even that fit!!!
  • Options

I know people moan about the grease that comes with KFC, but for me that's one of the attractions. Nothing I like more than putting my greasy bone in a messy box!

I like the odd KFC but boy is it greasy....
  • Options

I know people moan about the grease that comes with KFC, but for me that's one of the attractions. Nothing I like more than putting my greasy bone in a messy box!

Great when you have a hangover!
  • Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Not hype ?

No the point is it does more than chicken and chips which is what you implied? You do seem to have a big issue with Nandos.
    Im not actually that fussed, just enjoy winding up adults that get pissed off about a chicken shop being slagged off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I went to the Sevenoaks branch last night my first time to a Nandos. It is the first time I have experienced main courses being bought out when we were halfway through our starters. I went for the extra extra hot peri peri sauce on my chicken, hot wings from KFC are spicier. The chicken was also dry, the coleslaw utterly insipid. In short is this a normal Nandos experience? To me it was an over rated and expensive harvester. I really don't get all the fuss about it - am I wrong? I paid basically treble what I would have paid at KFC for food which isn't as nice!

Infuriatingly, every time you go to Nando's they ask you 'have you been to Nando's before?' which is insane because of course I have, I'm from Earth. Today I learned that you are the reason I still get asked that question. I will never forgive you.
    Best post on the thread!
  • Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Chicken piri piri IS chicken and chips (and salad if you want). The rest is just cheap restaurant fast food.
  • Options

Tell me about it. Greasy food plays my stomach up something chronic but I love a KFC on a Saturday night in front of the tele.

May as well eat it on the bog mind, as Ill be pissing out my arse a few hours later...
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Not hype ?

Im not actually that fussed, just enjoy winding up adults that get pissed off about a chicken shop being slagged off
    :trollface:
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

KFC is absolutely rancid.

Thank you. It's f%$king horrible, but, unbelievably, there's still a sub culture of wannabe KFCs aspiring towards the f%$king horrible-ness that KFC delivers so consistently.

Colonel Fried Chicken, Favourite Chicken, Chicken Cottage, Morleys, Mowleys. Yuk.

If you're a patron of such eateries, next time you're in there have a look at how much chicken you can buy for £3. Then go to a supermarket and see how much the same amount of raw chicken costs. Then start computing how you can get more chicken for your money in a fried chicken shop than in Sainsburys.

I am sure if you have a bowl of soup at The Fat Duck, the ratio between cost and selling price is far higher... :wink:
  • Options

a lot of kfc are franchise aswell similarly we used to do contract works for rentokil and many of there sites were kfc ones absolutely grim in fact a lot of fast food places if you could see the kitchen you probably wouldn't want to eat in Chinese are by far the worse, grease up to 2 inches thick on surfaces.

It's probably best not to go inside the kitchen of a lot of places - food hygiene can be appalling.
    that was what i stated, i think most would be appalled although it is worth noting that just because a place has a 1 out of 5 hygiene rating it doesn't necessarily mean that the place is awful just its failed some points, sink not being close enough to prep area, lack of fire extinguishers etc.

back on thread, double chicken in pitta no salad, garlic bread and peri salted chips hot.
    Dude if a place has a 1 out of 5 hygiene rating you are playing very fast and loose with your rectal and gastric health!

I too have had the misfortune to do some maintenance in chain restaraunts and several I will never, ever eat in. Zizzi, Frankie and Bennies and pizza hut to name 3. However as someone else said, Chinese kitchens are on another level of disgusting.
  • Options

I cant believe people queue for packet food. Must be good but as a higher form of life (veggie) I'll never get to find out.
    And by the sound of it, its the sauce that gives it the taste. Larrup loads of hot chilli/garlic/herbs over anything and you can make a product taste the same in London as in other city in the world.

How do you know if someone is a veggie...........? They tell you.....!

I'm surprised you summoned up the energy to type those couple of sentences out.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

I cant believe people queue for packet food. Must be good but as a higher form of life (veggie) I'll never get to find out.
    And by the sound of it, its the sauce that gives it the taste. Larrup loads of hot chilli/garlic/herbs over anything and you can make a product taste the same in London as in other city in the world.

How do you know if someone is a veggie...........? They bore you.....!
  • Options
    Carter said:

Dude if a place has a 1 out of 5 hygiene rating you are playing very fast and loose with your rectal and gastric health!

I too have had the misfortune to do some maintenance in chain restaraunts and several I will never, ever eat in. Zizzi, Frankie and Bennies and pizza hut to name 3. However as someone else said, Chinese kitchens are on another level of disgusting.
    I would have thought that each individual restaurant would have been run the way the manager wanted it, chain or not? Or do they issue franchise guidelines that suggest rat droppings in the rice container, cleaning the glass washer once a decade and three week old oil to cook everything in? :lol: