Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Double injury blow for Charlton ahead of crucial Blackburn and Rochdale games

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:

Losing Fosu is absolutely massive, it’s going to hurt us if he is out for any stretch of time.

Hoping Mavididi passed the tests today and is going to play some part between now and the end of the season.

Both are game changers, but Fosu out now is not good at all. I was expecting Kaikai to come in and really add something to us but he just hasn’t and we have actually looked worse with him in the team. A real shame. Of course there is potentially 5 more games that he can influence positively for us, but he needs to find form and quickly if he is going to be any use now.

Something is telling me though that even though I haven’t mentioned it in this post previously. - Reeves is going to be so key to us if we get play-offs. Just got that feeling.

Agree on all of this as per. A very good thought on Reeves and I was thinking earlier about how well he's adapted to playing deeper. But he is a 10 by trade, and his discipline and intelligence might be worth a go at the top of a diamond. He definitely gets into space really well, he's just struggled in that role in the past when there was only one in front of him and we struggled to get him the ball in the places he could be dangerous. I think the way we've played at time under Bowyer that could be different now, and with Kashi back with have more freedom in the bottom three of the diamond. I actually like the idea of him at the top better than Aribo which I proposed earlier. I think Aribo really needs to start deeper so he has space to run in to. But with Reeves ahead of him he should have more freedom to get forward given Reeves can drop off and provide cover. As always with us a lot will be down to how well we interchange.
  • Options
    Not great news as it's always better to have more options with everyone fit but those that get selected will perform with Bowyer's prompting.
  • Options
    Is Solly fit? A return to form Solly Id love to see back in the rigtback berth, Da Silva left. Either a 442 or a 433 but with the latter assuming we have the two big fellas and Ajose there would need to be good supply
  • Options
    razil said:

Is Solly fit? A return to form Solly Id love to see back in the rigtback berth, Da Silva left. Either a 442 or a 433 but with the latter assuming we have the two big fellas and Ajose there would need to be good supply

Solly out until at least pre-season...
  • Options
    If it's a. 4-3-3, Marshall can play left....he did it a number of times for Bradford.

Or if it's a diamond, then Aribo plays on the left.

Losing Fosu is a blow but he's been far less effective at home. We might feel it more away to Rochdale.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Losing Fosu is absolutely massive, it’s going to hurt us if he is out for any stretch of time.

Hoping Mavididi passed the tests today and is going to play some part between now and the end of the season.

Both are game changers, but Fosu out now is not good at all. I was expecting Kaikai to come in and really add something to us but he just hasn’t and we have actually looked worse with him in the team. A real shame. Of course there is potentially 5 more games that he can influence positively for us, but he needs to find form and quickly if he is going to be any use now.

Something is telling me though that even though I haven’t mentioned it in this post previously. - Reeves is going to be so key to us if we get play-offs. Just got that feeling.

Agree on all of this as per. A very good thought on Reeves and I was thinking earlier about how well he's adapted to playing deeper. But he is a 10 by trade, and his discipline and intelligence might be worth a go at the top of a diamond. He definitely gets into space really well, he's just struggled in that role in the past when there was only one in front of him and we struggled to get him the ball in the places he could be dangerous. I think the way we've played at time under Bowyer that could be different now, and with Kashi back with have more freedom in the bottom three of the diamond. I actually like the idea of him at the top better than Aribo which I proposed earlier. I think Aribo really needs to start deeper so he has space to run in to. But with Reeves ahead of him he should have more freedom to get forward given Reeves can drop off and provide cover. As always with us a lot will be down to how well we interchange.
    Completely agree. Reeves would have so much space to find himself into that could pick out the runs of Ajose for example so much better with two strikers in front of him occupying two centre backs. I don’t think it’s a surprise that he has done better under Bowyer with two up top.
  • Options
    razil said:

He hasn't really been in form all season.
  • Options
    Sage said:

SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Completely agree. Reeves would have so much space to find himself into that could pick out the runs of Ajose for example so much better with two strikers in front of him occupying two centre backs. I don’t think it’s a surprise that he has done better under Bowyer with two up top.
    Agreed. He really struggled when he had just Josh in front of him who was being marked by 2-3 defenders. He takes up good positions in the attacking third looking to break teams down, but there just hasn't been much on in front of him up until recently. Fosu, for all his strengths isn't great at making darting runs off the ball, Mag was overworked, Mav was injured, etc.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

razil said:

He hasn't really been in form all season.
    Yeah our right back options at the moment aren't ideal, but Solly has been poor this season unfortunately. I don't know whether to hope that the exploratory opp will find something, I don't know if that's better or worse. But he looked to lose a yard of pace just as the season went on. He struggled to get up and back. Everything looked difficult for him.

Hopefully goes without saying I don't take any pride in saying that. The entire second half of the season Solls has looked like he was carrying an injury, and so part of me hopes he is so that it can heal and he can be back to his marauding self again. He's a great player on his day and even if he stops tomorrow he'll be a club legend. I just hope we're seeing a blip and not the signs of decline.
  • Options
    I just hope Kaikai doesn't start. Dasilva or Marshall but not Kaikai please LB.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any news re Fosu?
    Are we still expecting him back only for final?
  • Options
    I don't know but if i'm in Bowyers shoes and there's a chance he could be fit for the semi's i'd be keeping that knowledge very close to my chest - keeps our opponents whoever they may be guessing.
  • Options
    After Pompey they said 2-4 weeks didn't they?

Rochdale will be 2 weeks, play offs around 3 weeks.

So i guess they'll just have to see how he goes.