Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Silverstone f1

has anyone been to Silverstone or any f1 race? i have been invited to go through a client at work.

Comments

• Options
    u lucky lucky lucky swine

never been - know people that have and they said it is AWESOME.
  • Options
    Strangely enough never been to a home Grand Prix been to several abroad, if you have never been you really must consider going, the TV does not do it justice.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]has anyone been to Silverstone or any f1 race? i have been invited to go through a client at work.
    Won tickets to the Belgian Grands Prix a couple of years ago - definitely go (especially if it's got hospitality!).
  • Options
    No, get yourself over to Brands Hatch for the World Superbikes in August, Huge crowd (100,000+), proper racing and we have a Brit (James Toseland) leading the world championships!!!! F1 is dull as dull can be!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]No, get yourself over to Brands Hatch for the World Superbikes in August, Huge crowd (100,000+), proper racing and we have a Brit (James Toseland) leading the world championships!!!! F1 is dull as dull can be!!!!!

Moto GP rules superbikes!

BTW does toseland ride in brit superbikes or world?? I met Toseland at a dugital print fair, as Zerox have a bike i believe and he was rider! top bloke he was.
  • Options
    Went 15yrs ago. Manic day, didn't have grandstand tickets so went through a fence and climbed one of the trackside advertising hoardings, best view on the circuit :-). Took about 3 hours to get out though, people eventually gave up forced one of the gates and drove around the track as a short cut. The AA couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery but still a great day out.

S.
  • Options
    bibble and mcs, you're both wrong.

while bike racing has always and is better than f1 (despite lewis's rejuvenation) it's all about supermoto. been to a few wsb's (silverstone) always seem to be away for the one at brands. saw the gp at donnignton a few years back which was awesome. do either of you guys ride?
  • Options
    love to go Brands or Silver
  • Options
    Been to Silverstone with Shell and with McLaren a really god day out on hospitality.
  • Options
    'bibble and mcs, you're both wrong.

while bike racing has always and is better than f1 (despite lewis's rejuvenation) it's all about supermoto. been to a few wsb's (silverstone) always seem to be away for the one at brands. saw the gp at donnignton a few years back which was awesome. do either of you guys ride?'

Yep, I love bike racing as much as footy, do loads of trackdays, got a GSXR1000 which makes me smile from ear to ear!!

MCS, Toseland is in WSB and is leading the Championship. He is unknown over here. However in most of Europe he cant move and gets Beckhamesque media coverage. Unfortunately our little island only has time for loser sports such as cricket. We get a world champion as Toseland was in 2004 and its ignored. We did the same with Carl Fogarty in the 90's, by the time the BBC had caught up, he had to retire. A total nutter on a bike. Sugo in 98 in broke his tibia in a first race crash, was strapped up, took a couple of injections, was carried onto the bike and won the second race. Oh yea and they dont dive, proper sporting heroes. OK i'm getting off my soapbox!!!!!