Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best place for pizza?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Portobello in Notting Hill does brilliant pizza. They are served (as in traditional) by the metre

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Howells said:

Leuth said:

Blackheath has a couple of decent places - the venerable Zero Degrees and the new pretender Bianco43 both do a mean Italian-style pizza.

There was a great, short-lived stonebake operation in Woolwich (outside Tesco) but that's gone now

The Tap Room in Woolwich does serviceable pizza

Everyone banged on about Reginella last time we did this but I went there and it really wasn't all that

Nowhere does good takeaway pizza to my SE7 address currently, it's maddening

@Leuth
    Good shout on the taproom, they have all the fancy Italian ingredients lying around the place so I gave the n'duja pizza a try a few weeks ago, was alright but I'm sure they could do better.

The place you mention outside Woolwich tesco is 'Rust Bucket' they got turfed out by Greenwich council (No surprise there) But Public - Streetfeast snapped them up, so you can find them in there from now on.
    Usually the longest queues in public are indeed for Rust Bucket- excellent pizza.
    They are also doing a pop up in The Bull on the top of Shooters Hill, every Thursday, Friday, Sat and Sunday. That'll be good in the garden on the few days of summer.

https://www.facebook.com/RustBucketPizzaCo/

• Options
    Flammenkeuche not sure where the nearest one is, but it blows pizza away.

So good and light.

If I have to have pizza. I generally buy a thin and crispy type sourdough base and make my own meat feast.

White sauce, Chicken, Chorizo, Sausage (butchers), sundried tomatoes (thinly sliced) and topped with Protein Cheese &/or mozzarella during cooking and finished with an OTT amount of vintage mature crumbly cheddar whilst it rests before slicing.

A good kind of heart attack.
  • Options
    Another vote for the Taproom SE18.

Also Luciano's in Lee Green is excellent.
  • Options
    Aaah I forgot to mention Luciano's, I'll vouch for them too
  • Options
    Zizi Chiselhurst or the Strand the vegan ones are great.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

So good and light.

If I have to have pizza. I generally buy a thin and crispy type sourdough base and make my own meat feast.

White sauce, Chicken, Chorizo, Sausage (butchers), sundried tomatoes (thinly sliced) and topped with Protein Cheese &/or mozzarella during cooking and finished with an OTT amount of vintage mature crumbly cheddar whilst it rests before slicing.

Not a pizza as such but I often get flat bruschetta bases (we get ours from the deli in Old Bexley) grill them for a minute or so on each side, smother it in passata and thickly cut slices of mozzarella. Drizzle a little olive oil over it and return it to the grill until the cheese just starts to melt. Add Parma ham & fresh basil and toast it for another minute.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

So good and light.

Not a pizza as such but I often get flat bruschetta bases (we get ours from the deli in Old Bexley) grill them for a minute or so on each side, smother it in passata and thickly cut slices of mozzarella. Drizzle a little olive oil over it and return it to the grill until the cheese just starts to melt. Add Parma ham & fresh basil and toast it for another minute.
    That sounds like a decent quick option, may surprise the better half with that for dinner tonight as we have all but a passata and bruschetta base at home.
  • Options
    WTF
  • Options
    Luciano's in Lee Green is my local go to for pizza
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Best chain pizza I have ever had is in a US chain on the west coast.... BJs Brewhouse.

Chicago style but without the overdone pie crust.

Brilliant
  • Options
    One for Addicks in Australia - the best pizza I've had for years was from Salt Meats Cheese in Surfers Paradise. I'm salivating remembering it.
  • Options
    The Tunnel at Old Trafford.
  • Options

Best chain pizza I have ever had is in a US chain on the west coast.... BJs Brewhouse.

Chicago style but without the overdone pie crust.

Brilliant

Sounds the best by far :wink:
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Dazzler21 said:

So good and light.

• Options
    Leuth said:

Oh wait! The Rose inn opposite New Cross Gate station does WONDERFUL pizza, and that Roma place next to Gennaro's Delicatessen in Lewisham is superb too. If good Italian-style pizza is your thing, go to both of those.

The one in Zero Degrees is excellent