Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst badge

2»

Comments

• Options
    Always disliked this for some reason

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

I don't like the fact that the drawing of Europe looks like some sort of strange pygmy rhino critter.
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

Pick any A league club badge here. Perth glory, yes, that’s the name, my local team have a shite badge. imageA lot of imagination used by the Australians.

You mean, those people who call a place where you go shopping for bottles of alcohol a "Bottle Shop"?
  • Options
    Pringle said:

The old Shrewsbury badge. I'm paraphrasing from someone else who said "it looks like the lion is watching his house burn down".

He is watching their promotion dreams fade. I think Lincoln City have a badge so terrible it is almost good.
  • Options

Whoever decided on this was probably on a revenge kick.

Or acid.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Also, why do Shrewsbury now have three little lions? Why do Chelsea and Millwall have lions? I asked my ten year old son what kind of stupid club has a lion on it's badge when there are no lions in London. He replied 'but England have lions on their badge' which I thought was a fair point (although I did explain that the lions have a history going back to when a standard with three gold lions was carried into battle to inspire the troops).

" />

At least Orlando City have an excuse. Their ground was built on the site of an old Roman colosseum

• Options
    This one by some Singapore club is pretty awful.
  • Options
    Another one from Singapore
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

MrOneLung said:

I don't like the fact that the drawing of Europe looks like some sort of strange pygmy rhino critter.
    I actually quite like the badge. It’s iconic! Can’t stand the club though
  • Options
    It's surprising how many badges look like beer mats.
  • Options

This from Hull

Looks more like a slightly camp leopard than a tiger...
  • Options

• Options
    at least the glaziers makes sense, unlike the eagles
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    cafcfan said:

I don't know about "worst" but this one is pretty crap on a number of levels.
    I give you Dungannon Swifts' badge:

So, first, what has a horseshoe got to do with anything? Second, I guess, maybe, that Dungannon once had a castle but I doubt it looked anything like that. Third, and finally, according to the RSPB, swifts are a sooty brown colour and look black in flight. Was their "swift" designed by the same person who gave our "robin" mascot yellow legs? I'm hoping @NornIrishAddick can assist by explaining these important issues.

You'll be a long time waiting for an explanation...

I have a sneaking suspicion that the WSC version might be a bit wrong: http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/989-May-2010/5302-badge-of-the-week--dungannon-swifts (apologies, the link won't work properly on my phone).

We'll, other than that Dungannon was the seat of the main O'Neill sept (like a clan, but Irish) that, along with other Ulster powers were the last major resistance to English rule - and there was a castle in what is now the town centre, but it is unlikely to have been much more than a keep/tower house.

Beyond that, at a guess, I can only think the colour of the bird is based on the club colours, though I do have a memory of a brand of matches with a very similar logo...

Mind you, if you want really awful, take a look at the artistry of the Ballinamallard United crest.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballinamallard_United_F.C
  • Options
    Is that a horseshoe or a picture of the Dungannon ring road?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
  • Options
    Not sure what happened to our badge in 1980. Did someone lose the artwork and have to rapidly re-draw it?
    Screenshot 2018-04-29 15.50.16