Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Valley Atmosphere since...

Comments

• Options

To be honest, not sure I’m having any of the other games mentioned.

I’ve always sat North Upper, and there has been dozens of games I’ve felt the ground is rocking but in reality it’s just North Upper.

Today, sitting in the East, the whole stand was standing and singing along with the North Upper. Not just clapping along in time, standing and singing. I don’t ever remember that.

Was in the same seats for the Swindon play off game and today I’m confident was a better atmosphere second half.

Love it

I thought the East Stand was immense during the Cardiff game.
  • Options
    There was a couple of minutes in the first half when Blackburn had a corner where everybody got their breaths and that was the only relatively quiet period in the whole game. It really was a rocking Valley.
  • Options

I’ve always sat North Upper, and there has been dozens of games I’ve felt the ground is rocking but in reality it’s just North Upper.

Today, sitting in the East, the whole stand was standing and singing along with the North Upper. Not just clapping along in time, standing and singing. I don’t ever remember that.

Was in the same seats for the Swindon play off game and today I’m confident was a better atmosphere second half.

Love it

Your not having the Cardiff game as better than yesterday.
    I dont normally have a pop at fellow fans but your having a laugh
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Love it

Your not having the Cardiff game as better than yesterday.
    I dont normally have a pop at fellow fans but your having a laugh
    I was back of the North Upper for that one which distorts what you think the rest of the ground is like. There was a few thousand more people in the home sections yesterday compared to that night so maybe I’m not having a laugh :-)
  • Options

Difficult to compare current day Covered End to the old single tier one, but for me the loudest I have heard from our supporters was against Preston in 1975 when we needed to win to gain promotion. Crowd of around 25,000, it was a Tuesday night and the Covered End was heaving half an hour before kick off. We won 3-1, and my ears were still ringing half an hour after the end of the match. Superb night, superb atmosphere - and we didn't bottle it despite Preston taking an early lead.

Yes, that was one special night.
  • Options
    Like I said on the post match thread, I was in the East, near the front, and all around me were on their feet, singing,clapping and joining in with the rest of ground...it was just awesome and one of my favourite days down the Valley in many a year. New owners, if they were there, had to have been impressed with the noise and support, lets hope they can see how it could even be improved on once RD has done one!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think yesterday was absolutely brilliant, haven't felt an atmosphere like that for at least a few years.

Not saying it was the best but the game against Spurs when we were relegated in 2007, the atmosphere from night is always memorable "Always look on the bright side of life".
  • Options

Difficult to compare current day Covered End to the old single tier one, but for me the loudest I have heard from our supporters was against Preston in 1975 when we needed to win to gain promotion. Crowd of around 25,000, it was a Tuesday night and the Covered End was heaving half an hour before kick off. We won 3-1, and my ears were still ringing half an hour after the end of the match. Superb night, superb atmosphere - and we didn't bottle it despite Preston taking an early lead.

That was an amazing night, the Covered End was superb.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    We have had a schism in our fan base more acute than the church under Henry the VIII.
    It was great to be at the valley when all Cafc fans were singing from the same hymn sheet. (Even in the East and West !)
    Amen.
  • Options
    That game when we ended Huddersfield's 40 odd game unbeaten run was pretty good...

Leeds at home with the Sodje goal in the 1-0 win. Swindon play off season.
  • Options

I would say, without a shadow of doubt, the loudest the Valley has ever been was against Ipswich in the 1998 play off semi final home leg.

My ears are still ringing from the noise when the teams came out. A noise bettered when Shaun Newton scored a cracker.

And unforgettable evening.

That was an incredible game. First and last time i've cried tears of joy at a football game - not even the final when i was just emptionally drained.
  • Options

I would say, without a shadow of doubt, the loudest the Valley has ever been was against Ipswich in the 1998 play off semi final home leg.

My ears are still ringing from the noise when the teams came out. A noise bettered when Shaun Newton scored a cracker.

Correct IMO

• Options
    Can't beat the Valley roar when it's in full throttle.
  • Options

Wasn't there yesterday but that Preston promotion game and the Ipswich playoff match for me were the best Valley atmospheres.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't recall any games that loud during the last promotion season so it must be several years since we experienced anything like yesterday's atmosphere. I think the fact that Blackburn brought a big, lively crowd, the backs to the wall fighting spirit the team showed, the narrow margin of victory, the importance of a win and it being the last home game created a perfect storm of exhilaration, tension and excitement. One of those games where you think the crowd genuinely made a difference.

Given the almost constant disappointment this season and last, a game like that provides a tremendous emotional release.
  • Options
    Best for a very long time. Noticable in West Upper K that even up there everyone standing for the last couple of minutes of added time and not just happy clapping but joining in with singing too.
  • Options

Correct IMO

Almost correct.

AN unforgettable evening. :wink:

I was in the Jimmy Seed that night and it was LOUD (the rest of the ground as well as the Charlton contigent in the Jimmy Seed).
  • Options

Love it

Got a text from my mates in the East Stand after the match. Said the atmosphere was absolutely brilliant, the best they've seen in years.
  • Options
    Was in my old seat in D Block lower west.
    Defo best atmosphere since Cardiff game (5-4).
    Was probably better than that, especially last 10 minutes!
    Even had blokes standing up turning towards the crowd
    behind urging the chanting.
    My hands are black and blue with the rthymic clapping,
    CAFC forever!
  • Options

CAFC forever!

Same upstairs - definitely better than the Cardiff game (from same seats). Can’t compare to Swindon as was in NU for that and, imho, when in the north it is really difficult to judge atmosphere
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Excellent atmosphere yesterday and the whole crowd getting behind them after Blackburn hit the bar was incredible noise, proper old school roar. Certainly comparable to anything we have seen in the last few years.

What's for certain is the momentum growing between fans and players, there is now every chance that we will host a play off leg and have a crack at matching the Ipswich atmosphere, really take the roof of and end the season, alongside Rolands reign on a self generated high.

Couldn't really hear the Blackburn fans from our seats lower north. Nice to be able to stand for nearly the whole game as well. Really enjoyed the day yesterday, up the addicks!

Absolutely this - there were a couple of occasions in the 2nd half where we had our backs to the wall, and the crowd responded positively. In previous times, we may well have felt pessimistic and had a damp "We're bound to concede in a minute" atmosphere - but yesterday, the crowd kept lifting.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

CAFC forever!

Especially the last 10 minutes. That cardiff game was most of the game at least from the 20th minute.
    F@ck me we will be comparing the atmosphere at Gillingham away to portsmouth away next.