Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Championship relegation places

A really exciting battle at the moment. Bolton in real trouble now after losing 2-0 to Burton, with Barnsley surprisingly beating Brentford

Neither Reading nor Birmingham are mathematically safe yet either, so 5 team could yet fill the 2 remaining relegation places

Comments

• Burton are doing a great job under Clough

Amazingly Reading and a Breton could end up in League One next season whilst Charlton could replace them ;)

Amazingly Reading and a Breton could end up in League One next season whilst Charlton could replace them ;)

I think Reading will just squeak safety, as it's unlikely the teams below them will all pick up points, but it's going to be nervous!

We would happily take him off their hands.

Is this a Brexit thing?
    Not sure I want a Brittany Ferries away day.
  • Whatever happens Nigel Clough is a serious candidate for manager of the season.

To keep Burton in with a chance of avoiding relegation from the Championship in the final match of the season is a tremendous achievement when you consider budgets, size of clubs etc etc.
  • I hope Fulham stuff Birmingham and Burton somehow get something at Preston.
  • There's a lot of top versus bottom games next week. Bolton potentially have the easiest fixture, home to Forest. Everyone else plays a team going for automatic promotion or the playoffs!