Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Metaxa 7 Star

After a highly satisfying Charlton win today, having a rare glass of Metaxa 7 Star over ice - very, very nice

Comments

• Just as well. Any fewer stars and they're undrinkable.
  • Had some 6 star once and spat it out.
  • edited April 2018
    Definitely tastes better when sitting in a Greek taverna watching the calm Ionian/Mediterranean waves lap up onto the shore but a decent enough domestic option when bored with the beer fridge.
  • Get on the 12 star
  • Got given some Metaxa Private Reserve at Christmas. To be honest, I've had some cheap Cognacs that are smoother
  • Addickted said:

Got given some Metaxa Private Reserve at Christmas. To be honest, I've had some cheap Cognacs that are smoother

Guess it just reminds me of some very happy and romantic Greek holidays - and it really isn’t that bad if one has a reasonable stomach lining
  • Remember buying some Metaxa 5 star on an interrailing holiday in 1984 for the journey from Piraeus to Budapest. We'd not thought about buying food so swapped it with some australians for four stale bread rolls and two tins of sweetcorn, and got much the best of that bargain.
  • purdis said:

After a highly satisfying Charlton win today, having a rare glass of Metaxa 7 Star over ice - very, very nice

Better off trying the unleaded !!!