Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Were we ordered to play Red Red Robin minimum volume?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yes, the tannoy leaves a lot to be desired. Having said that it's pretty common, a lot of times in away ends you can't hear any of the announcements clearly
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

Wasn't a big fan of "I'm into something good" at full time yesterday, despite liking it when we sing the chant.

Seemed to briefly kill the atmosphere that had just built up.

Yep, thought exactly the same. Covered End was singing something else but it had no chance of spreading as the music was so loud. Always best when the crowd noise is organic
    Old Trafford, things can only get better :-)
    Unfortunately, the second half started and things could only get worse against the 10 men.
    What a half time though
  • Options
    They've turned the volume right down so nobody notices when they swap Red Red Robin for Tie Me Kangaroo Down...
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I often wonder if it is actually tested in advance of matches. The tannoy system that is. God forbid if there was a crisis in the stadium.
    Only slightly related, but folks at other clubs are poor in prep too. On ifollow the start is often taken up with getting the cameras into focus and steady which should already have been done before the coverage begins.
    The RRR is sacred and I and others around me join in fully.

I can confirm that it is tested Seth, before every game.