Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    They did what they had to do. We need to be equipped to not let teams bully us like they did. We can't logically begrudge them playing to our weaknesses. But we are human and I want to rub their noses in it!
  • Options
    Excellent work. We will get our revenge next season
  • Options
    Ah well, that's Shrewsbury's one shot blown. They'll probably get relegated next season.
  • Options
    Well done the Reds !!!

Captain Fantastic Woody !
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Can't help reflecting on the fact that we beat them convincingly both at home and away! But good luck to them and the Chuckle Brothers.
  • Options
    Fanny getting excited by Wood?!?
  • Options
    Wood looking fresh as a daisy https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44186999
  • Options
    Shame, Rotherham are a dull yo yo team at this level. Shrews had a one off great season and if we are not involved then I would generally always hope the third place team end up promoted.
  • Options
    26000 for play off final to go to the champ at Wembley?

To go to Wembley is a big deal.

Bromley got 31000

We would take at least 60000 if all the boycotters pitched up ;-)

Well, also if we had actually made it there...
  • Options
    Should we put in a cheeky bid for Hendry their right back? £200k would be about the going rate and not a bad player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spanish said:

.... there's an irony to watching Shrewsbury running around like there's no tomorrow....

Will be very nice to welcome back The Salop to SE7 next season... I wonder if Henderson will dither so much about taking his goal kicks now ?

Henderson won't be there next season. It'll be interesting where he ends up, as he clearly impressed while at Shrewsbury
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Shrewsbury have done fantastic so I feel a bit guilty about looking forwards to playing them next season and rubbing their noses in it!

We will be better next season I doubt they will.
    It isn't a given that we will yet - we need this takeover to happen and reasonably quickly.
  • Options
    I wonder if 'ginger nut' got into Wembley
  • Options

I wonder if 'ginger nut' got into Wembley

I think he would only be banned from their ground, so probably went.
  • Options
    Watched the highlights; well done Rotherham, the Shrews were up to their usual tricks - I counted at least one elbow - and several dubious tackles. Fortunately Rotherham stood up well. Actually looking forward to playing Shrewsbury next season and tearing them a new one.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Should we put in a cheeky bid for Hendry their right back? £200k would be about the going rate and not a bad player.

Who's Hendry?
  • Options
    Same 3 who came down have gone straight back up, not a regular occurrence Is it.
  • Options
    Lowest ever attendance for the third tier play off final. 29K was the previous low for the 1990 final (also the first at Wembley) Notts County v Tranmere.
  • Options

Same 3 who came down have gone straight back up, not a regular occurrence Is it.

I hope not - we don't want it happening next season. But it shows there is a gap between the Championship and League one. We all know the standard is poor!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This should massively weaken them next season, a top manager who worked wonders with a very average squad.
  • Options

As the championship settles into being premier league 2 the money counts further and further down the league.

Shame as good management and team spirit matters less in the face of big resources.

My guess is that this will happen more.
  • Options
    Shrewsbury would have been relegated two years ago had it not been for them appointing Hurst from Grimsby, they were awful when we beat them 3-0 @ the Valley

Uwe Rosler managed something similar with Fleetwood two years ago and almost got relegated with them this season (Only to be sacked) - Expect the same or worse for the Shrews
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    se9addick said:

Ah well, that's Shrewsbury's one shot blown. They'll probably get relegated next season.

Here's hoping.

Before people jump on my comment, I learned on Saturday that on our way back to the car on 24/02 one of their fans called my 7 year old nephew a ''stupid f***ing little c**t'', purely because the kid bumped into him...

This was after they had just beat us 2-0....

His Grandad only told me this on Saturday as I wasn't aware of it as I'd nipped off ahead of them to pick the car up and drive back down closer to them.

Delightful.
  • Options
    As they say - revenge is a dish best served cold. Maybe we can help relegate them next season. I hope so. Not sure much of a team talk will be needed when we play them. The only problem is, it probably sums up how far we have fallen when we hate Shrewsbury!
  • Options

As they say - revenge is a dish best served cold. Maybe we can help relegate them next season. I hope so. Not sure much of a team talk will be needed when we play them. The only problem is, it probably sums up how far we have fallen when we hate Shrewsbury!

Swings and roundabouts of the teams outside of the top6 my friend, we will be back to losing to Millwall in no time
  • Options
    Not if we become Australian - they don't accept this losing rubbish!
  • Options
    And now their manager has decamped for pastures new,or even meadows new,may we be seeing the Shrews installed as a relegation favourite? Good luck to Hurst,he's earned his move and I doubt that Shrewsbury will find his like again for some time.